Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Checking in!

Tomorrow marks one month of calorie counting. I count Monday- Friday. Saturday and Sunday I watch what I eat but do not count. Really I consider this a lifestyle change. Not a diet. When I first started this for my wedding I did it for almost two years, then I got pregnant with Cara and pasta and bread was all I could stomach.

So drumroll...I am down 4 lbs! My first goal was 10 lbs and I would be back to my pre-Carter weight. So only 6 more to go until I reach my first goal!

Remember people I am 5'1 6 lbs is a ton! I am happy to say I am back in my size 6 jeans all around! The feeling is a great feeling! Yes there are days where I would like to eat a whole pizza but I quickly remind myself how unhealthy that is. Not to mention if I do want to be pregnant again I need to be back down to my pre pregnancy weight, I worked my tail off to be healthy to conceive Carter...why wouldn't I do the same for baby #3. Plus that means lower blood pressure and cholesterol so all around its a win win!

I am still not on the work out bandwagon. I have been thinking about it, so I know that is a start. I used to go to the gym 5 days a week and have a personal trainer so not going to a gym is odd, but I know I can't. Not with work and Carter. I would have to work out at home. Do-able? Yes. Just need to get there!

I am going to make an appointment with my doctor to get off my zoloft. I know that it is for depression and anxiety however I soooo do not have depression...anxiety yes...depression no...so I need to decide if there is something else out there to take, or just come off of antidepressants all together. I depended on them at one point to just get me through the day, I would sit and count down the hours until I could pop another xanex, zoloft and or ambien. But I am really starting to think the worst of that is all over. I still feel anxious and sad and always will but I can quickly look at all the happy things I have in my life, my son, my husband, my dogs, my beautiful home, my job etc and "turn that frown upside down"






I will leave you with a few pictures of my rainbow!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Beautiful photos! So glad that things are going well!:-)

Kim said...

Carter is a such a cute little man! Great job on the weight loss! I am almost to my 50lb mark, but still have more to lose. So I know how rough it is. I'm glad you're able to get off the zoloft. I hear ya about the anxiety, I hope that continues to get better for you!

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Congrats on that weight loss. I'm about to embark on a little diet myself. Well, sort of. I plan to give up all sweets/sugars for a month. I did it for 3 months after losing Andrew (control + weight loss) and it was great. It made me super conscious of my consumption. I love the idea of just being conscious on weekends and strict during the week though.

Jill said...

HORRAY LAURA!!!! You go girl!!! I am down 3 lbs since I last checked hopefully more I have to look again in a bit! ha

LOVE those pictures of Carter simply adoreable! congrats!! ;)

Abigail said...

Congrats on the weight loss and new lifestyle change!!! Keep up your hard work