Recently I was reminded how quickly life can change.
My brother was in a car accident. He was not injured thank god! No drinking was involved, he was on his way to school. The other driver was injured. His accident has more to it that I am able to discuss, but it is going to be a long road ahead. Lots of lessons learned.
My brother is a good kid. Scratch that. Great kid. Heart of gold. He is going back to school for medical assisting, all while working full time at a bank, holding a night shift job and watching his favorite (and only) nephew on Thursdays. He just put an offer in on a town home and has supported himself for three years now. He is great. My brother and I share a very close bond. When I was sick he was at my bedside every day. He held and loved on Cara when I could not. He carried her casket to the hearse. He means a lot to me. Always has, always will. I get VERY defensive over him. My brother is gay. He and his partner Diego have been together 6 years. I LOVE Diego.
I think a lot of us take many things for grated in life, most of us know we do. It can all change so quickly. Your whole entire life can change upside down with the blink of an eye. Hugs your loved ones.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I'm sorry for what your brother and family are going to be facing. I truly hope it all works out for the best. Life is too short. I definitely keep that in mind with all that I do, say, and act on. XxOo hang in there!!
oh I am praying for your brother Laura! I would love to meet him and Diego some day!
I just happened to see the time you posted this and it was 4:27. I know a special little girle named Naomi who is watching over him as well as sweet Cara. Making sure things will all be okay. Love you!
Post a Comment