I have started to minimize my online life. I have removed people from Facebook as well as my Instagram. It consumes so much time of mine! Lately I have been finding myself getting upset over what other people comment on my things, or what they leave as their status. Now that I am a mom I will not tolerate or stand for judging., and I just do not have the time. Mainly... Really?! Why do I care? I do not have time to sit here and judge other mom's about a picture the posted or what they said in a status. Honestly if I don't personally know you unless you are inflicting harm on others, yourself or your child...go on with your bad self. Didnt Miss. Georgia Brown state "Ain't nobody got time fo dat!" ?
I also can't stand the facade people post on Facebook about how much money they have, how they dont have to work, how they are so good at being a parent yet will dog other people's decisions, if your that good of a parent how do you have 20 hours out of the 24 hour day to post! Dont get me wrong I post a ton! Maybe twice a day! Mainly pictures for family of my little guy, but stuff so small should not bother me. The negativity that stems from the social media world is insane and the attention people look for is over the top! I want to keep my social media (other than my blog) only close friends and family only included in that are some BLM or Preeclampsia Momma's I have met, or hold near and dear to my heart.
Lastly, I keep it real, if my house had an attempt break in, my kids puking, my husband is on workers comp due to surgery, or we are struggling financially due to a high risk pregnancy...I have no problem posting about it. I don't cover anything up or sugar coat anything. After all its my social media world ;)
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Great post. I'm in the process of weeding out my social media sites. I only get time to actually post anything when Quinn is watching "Mator" or napping, now that I'm a "single parent" (David is in Oak harbor for work).
I couldn't agree with you more, that is honestly why I got off Facebook. I am very happy I get to read your blog and stay up to date with you and your family. Thank you!
Post a Comment