People that is. I mean seriously. Not to mention horrible things always seem to happen to the best of people.
A very close friend of mine lost her Mother yesterday at 59 years old. It was sudden. The day of her Mothers passing was also her Mothers birthday :( It happened in front of her as well. The one time I decide to turn my phone sound off cause I am sick is the time I should have had it on! I received a text from her at 4 am! I wish I could have got that text. I would have rushed to her side.
This friend of mine also lost her father a few years back. So at the age of 29 has no mother or father. REALLY? Are you kidding? I am so upset and mad. I dont know what to do for her. Of course I told her even if she needed Advil or Starbucks I would be there. Or just someone to just listen. Without question I would do whatever she asked. I am just so incredibly heartbroken for her.
I cried today. I am just so overwhelmed for her. Loss is horrific and your own mother? I cant even imagine. I wish I could do something. I knew through my loss I just wanted to be alone but I wanted to be acknowledged. So I will do that for her. I am going to try to be with her on new years eve. I also have some things for her that I picked up today that will hopefully lighten her spirits...if that is possible.
Monday, December 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I wish I could have had you as a friend when my father died, or after my baby died! This is very caring of you, even if you not quite sure what to do. It helped me most if people kept calling, checking in with me and stopping by, without me asking for it or articulating what I needed. Also having somebody "feed me" (take me out to lunch, come by with some take out, etc.) helped so much, b/c food was the last thing on my mind. I am so sorry your friend lost both her parents! (Sam10 from the PE boards- Henry's mom)
Laura, you are so kind and dear of a friend. Anyone is lucky to know you and have you. I SURE AM even from miles away make that thousands.
Loss is terrible no matter the loss. I am so sorry. Please give your sweet friend love and hugs from afar and know she is in many of your friends minds. I am honestly so sorry. You are an amazing friend to just be there or be able to make grocery trips for her or starbucks or whatever the case may be! love you and so sorry!
I agree with the others you are such a caring loving person. I'm sure she knows you are there for her. Just keep checking in with her. Loss is horrible and it is not fair.
Post a Comment