Baby is measuring in the 49 percentile and weighs in at 10 oz. I have gained 15 pounds so far. Bloodpressure was higher 132/90 when I came in the office but so was my heart rate 131. (I was anxious) so by the end of the appointment I had 121/76 heart rate 96. MUCH better!
My MFM and I did discuss that I can opt for an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity and possible delivery. At first she just wanted me to get to 39 weeks, but now we are more on the same page. I will be seen again in a months and then at 28 weeks I will be seen weekly! Just like with Carter.
Now comes the hard part. They did find notching on one of my uterine arteries. This can be an indicator of preeclampsia and or growth restriction down the line. BOTH of which I had with my daughter. Now it is not good if both sides show notching. Mine only is showing it on the one side. It CAN go away (which is what I am hoping for). All will tell at the 24 week scan. So now I wait. Its not bad news yet, just tricky. Emotional because I cant help but wonder if history will repeat itself? I cant help but worry.











6 comments:
Your looking great mama,
try not to stress too much b/c as you said...things can resolve themselves. I pray that history doesn't come throwing itself at you but know that this time you are closely being watched and that this baby is VERY strong! Keep us updated and I will have you in my thoughts and prayers as you get closer to 24 weeks. hugs-
Felicia
P.S: This is not scientifically proven just a side comment from a friend that has worked near pregnant women in the hospital setting...his thoughts on PE- He thinks some women just can't carry a certain gender for long, possibly because of hormones or something. I feel like this might play a role along with the placenta seeing that both of us have been pregnant with both genders and females seem to struggle in the womb more. what do you think?
Praying that everything continues to go well and smoothly and you'll be holding your sweet baby girl with no complications!
So I finally learned how to comment back...I think. :) Interesting take Felicia! I hope to carry this LO longer than Cara, although at 30 weeks I am positive if my preeclampsia was not misdiagnosed she would be here with us today.
That is most likely true. Often times when something is really serious and is misdiagnosed there isn't a good outcome. With cara being 30 weeks she was just barely viable & out of the super preemie stage- so she had better odds to pull through then my case at 25 weeks. I just thought the "gender" hypothesis was sorta valid to think about. We both have been pregnant with both genders and interestingly our boys seemed to make it without PE. (Carter did, yet to see for Joshua) hugs mama-
Felicia
Yay to being 20 weeks!!!! Hoping & praying that everything continues to go smoothly.
hoping that all goes well and you soon have some answers and they are all positive xx
Post a Comment