Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 29, 2013

Never a dull moment!

That could be the quote to my life! Never a dull moment, weather good or bad it is so very true!

Our 7 year old BELOVED pit bull Gia partially tore her ACL about three months ago. She just went on to tear it fully. She barely applies any pressure at all. She is on pain medication and we have decided due to her age, high energy and the fact she can't be confined, surgery is not an option.

As many of you may remember, the week Cara passed away my dear Charlie slipped a disk in his back and we decided to do emergency back surgery. It truly was a blessing because for the next three months I had something to focus on and throw my time energy, happiness and hope into. That hope faded as his disease progressed and I knew it was time to say goodbye. I love my animals. We tried everything for Charlie. Therapy, pills, holistic measures at home, braces and lazer treatment. In the end we really just have to keep in mind what kind of quality of life is it for an animal. Charlie was in constant pain. I miss Charlie constantly and it is over 3 years. Tears roll as I remember him as I type this. Gia on the other hand is in good spirits which is good. 
I just CANT chance going through that again. Not with a dog that has a 15% chance or re injuring the same leg and up to 60% chance of tearing the other knee. Before we make any life changing decisions we will be getting her fitted for a brace. It is super pricy but not near the 4,000$ it costs for a surgery. We are going to re evaluate her in 8 weeks and in that time hope her other knee does not blow out!

Whats going on over here? Lots of doctor appointment follow up's with myself. My vitamind D is low as usual, on RX for that. My cholesterol is super high with a total of 501 and a LDL of 424. AT LEAST my good cholesterol is good! I follow up with my cardiologist in a few weeks! I cant be put back on medication for it until I am finished breastfeeing! Yup still breast feeding! 7 weeks! She still drinks a bottle or two over night and maybe one of formula during the day. I am happy I am still keeping up with this! My insurance even covered and sent out to me a hospital grade pump! Awesome ness! 

Lots else going on! Emery is 2 months old and as adorable as ever! Carter is a FISH! Swims and goes under the water without floaties! He LOVES it! My brother got ENGAGED! Ring and all! 




1 comments:

Harlowe said...

Sorry to hear about your pooch, but yay for everything else! Big congrats to your brother, they look so cute and happy!