Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Time is flying!

My baby girl is one month old! Before I get into what is going on with our little family I will share some pictures!








Emery is doing fantastic! She is such a good baby! Carter had major reflux and colic so it was hard to go anywhere or do much of anything with him! Emery sleeps from 1030-230 and then till 6. Such a blessing! Lets keep our fingers crossed she keeps this up! 

I want to touch on a subject that I feel amazing about. Breastfeeding. With Carter I never produced much and he never latched well. I lasted 6 weeks with mainly formula and small amounts of breast milk daily for him. With Emery, I am mainly pumping. For the first two weeks I did nurse her and since I knew I had to go back to work (which means pumping) and since I have an active two year old. It was too much to nurse and then pump right after. Since I am producing enough just by pumping alone I have just been pumping for her. Every two to three hours. She does get two bottles overnight so my husband can help with feedings. Other than that she is all breastmilk, and get this!? I have even started to freeze some so I can build up a supply when I head back to work! Its a lot of work but so so gratifying! I never thought it was for me, but I could not be happier! 

Emery did have her urologist appointment and we will be followed every few months. She has another ultrasound of her kidneys in September. There really is no plan of action. Its more of a sit and wait until she grows out of it type thing. I pray she does! She does have a grade 1 or 2 kidney reflux and this is one of the best case scenarios! Now to just keep her kidney infection free until she grows out of it (which most do by the time they are 5) What a long 5 years it will be. I will worry every time she has a fever she has an infection. The crappy part is every time she does have a fever they will more than likely want to see her and cath her for a clean catch to see if she does have an infection...sigh.

Isnt she a doll? On to my little big man! His therapy is going fantastic! She is saying tons of new words! Shark, cheese, and even putting two words together! Its great to see him communicate and nothing melts my heart more than a "Hey Momma!" He loves his little sister and is so compassionate towards her! Here they are for the 4th of July!



Having two kids is a ton easier than I thought! I actually just went to the beach the other day with BOTH of them! Without my husband! Two of my girlfriends were there with their kids but thats a huge accomplishment with a 1 month old! (Gosh is she already a month?) We are also going on our first family trip as for over labor day weekend! Excited about that!!

1 comments:

Danae said...

They are both so cute and you look so happy! I'm happy for you!