Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, December 15, 2011

My take on the Duggars

When someone...anyone loses a child, the world stops. Unfortunately for many the world only stops if you have lost a child yourself. Many others just do not know the pain it causes. While I would never wish them TO know that pain...what ever happened to compassion. "Treat others the way you want to be treated"...OH thats right...thats news of the past these days!

Do I believe Michelle Duggar is nuts for having 19 children. Hell to the yes. Is it my business? No. It is effecting my daily life? No. While yes her story hits close to home because of loss, it also hits close to home because she nearly died from Preeclampsia. Her 19th child was born at 25 weeks. Her child got to live, she was diagnosed in time. I was not and mine died. So yes her story really hits home on more notes than just loss. But I know plenty of women, myself included that almost lost her life to Preeclmpsia, and lost a child etc and STILL went on to get pregnant again. Is that selfish. In my opnion no. That shows love for a child. Now 19 kids is a hell of a lot. BUT come on people. 19 or 900 a loss is a loss. It is still sad.

Now onto the photos of the released baby (which I refuse to call a fetus, Cara was called a fetus and yes while I know that is the correct term I refuse to use it) My lord!!!!!! The pictures are of the babys finger and feet and very tastefully done! The media would rip me apart if they saw my raw uncut pictures of Cara. I guess one would have to experience a loss to understand "dead baby pictures." I will admit after delivering Cara I was so very mad the nurses were taking pictures of her. I said I did not want any pictures what so ever. What the hell was I going to do with pictures of a body I never got to know? BUT I am so very thankful that I have them now, and may I add I WISH I had 500 more. A picture creates a memory and yes while the memory may be morbid and gross to some. It is the only memory a parent WILL EVER have of their child.

People these days are so quick to judge another when it comes to losing a child. "When my grandfather died..." "Its been three months you should focus on something else" "I cant believe they would post a picture of their dead child"  People just do not know. Do we want them to? No. So we have to accept that people are ignorant. I have no tolerance for people anymore. Really I dont.

I wish the world would stop and say a prayer for Michelle and think about how she may feel. Just because she has 19 more children does not stop the hurt.

8 comments:

Abigail said...

As always Laura very beautifully put!!! I agree with you 100% on a loss is a loss. My heart goes out to anyone who has lost a child. It doesn't matter if they already have children or will have children after the loss. A child lost can never be replaced, no matter what!

Harlowe said...

This makes me mad as well. I just cannot understand the lack of compassion for a grieving family.

Elle's mommy said...

Agree completely...a life is a life no matter how small...

Nicki

Jill said...

well said Laura. People are cruel and heartless. :( prayers for this dear family

Kim said...

I definitely agree with you. I hope she can ignore the ignorance and has enough other support to get through this.

Tarsh said...

Fantastic post! Well written and agree completely with you!

Holly said...

I hate how people are reacting to her loss and the photos.

lovejoy_31 said...

I 100% agree. I have had three fairly early miscarriages so I don't have the experience of having a baby to hold, but I can guarantee that I would take pictures. it was their baby whether it was their 1st or 20th. Get a grip people.