So seriously I have no blogged in a while! Out of all the days I chose today (in true Laura fashion) the day I close on my home! Yup today is the day! WOO HOO! We do not however move in until October 1 as we are doing a master bath remodel and having the inside painted. I can't wait to share many projects with you all as we update our home! I can't wait to start designing and decorating!
As you all know I purchased my first new car, well it was so not a good experience. Rearguards if I am young, don't seem to know what I am doing I should still be treated the same as anyone else buying a car. It is possible I am being too picky...HOWEVER I am in the service industry and I do my best always to make clients happy. In any situation. To add to my less than "good" experience, I took my car in to have the interior and exterior package completed. I left Carters car seat base securely attached. When I picked up the car the base was still attached. Of course I assumed all was fine. When I got home I decided Carter and I were going to run some errands, not even 5 minutes into my ride I made a turn and Carters whole seat and base toppled over on top of him. I came to a screeching halt in the middle of a busy road and attended to a scared but than GOD not hurt Carter man. I was HORRIFIED to find out that the car seat base was not installed back in my vehicle correctly. Seriously?! If they did not know how why was I not advised? Something serious could have happened to my son. UGH! I am in contact with the manager about this situation as I would NEVER want any other parent to experience this. If your going to tamper with a car seat TELL THE OWNER OF T HE VEHICLE SO THEY CAN MAKE SURE IT IS SECURELY PROPERLY INSTALLED.....never a dull moment I swear.
Carter on the other hand is great! He is 18.5 lbs and 26.5 inches. 65 percentile! He has two bottom teeth and his top one is poking through! He is growing up so fast!
On a not so fantastic note, I have been experiencing some minor flashbacks of being sick with Cara. Really? Come on its been almost two years! Maybe that's why? Its coming up on the two year mark? Its odd because its been a while since I was fearful about what happened to me and her. It is mainly at night when I am trying to fall asleep. There are some days I am still in disbelief about what happened to me, to her. Ugh, this is what I will deal with forever, it never gets easier. I need to visit her again, and take Carter with.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
OH how scary Laura!! What idiots to not say they moved or tampored with it!
I had a scary thing happen a couple months ago with my nephew. His seat wasnt belted in correctly and I made a turn and he toppled over too! I too came to a hault and was shaking and screaming. Thank God everything was okay!
Ah, you have a beautiful new home and car Laura! I hope to some day get where you are too! happy findings!
Carter man is so handsome and I tell you getting so big so fast! Horray for teethers!
When you lose a child, it really never goes away. Not that you don't want to think about them, but it is just so heart wrenching to constantly have this on your mind. I am at a little over a year and I can imagine that 2 years is still so raw. I hope you start having better days <3Hugs<3
Congrats again on the closing of your home!
How unbelievably scary what you experienced with Carter and the car seat. That is truly outrageous that they wouldn't have informed you of such an important thing. I'm relieved to hear he is ok and that nothing serious happened!!!
Post a Comment