Ashley and her family live in Florida. We met each other online through the Preeclampsia forums when I lost Cara and was frantically searching for someone...anyone who could connect on my level. That was back in 2009. Ashley made a trip to Illinois just so I could do her hair! (I wish) She actually was in town for a highschool reunion and I actually DID do her hair, and met CC and her hubby Chris. I wish she lived closer. I bet we would be close friends. Its ok though, we can remain close from afar!
I also met another BLM Carrie. Carrie is momma to her angel Cara who was born alive at 20 weeks to low fluid, and passed away shortly after birth. I explain how we met here. Just TRY to wrap your mind around this one! Turns out she lives not even an hour from me, and after almost two years she also came to see me to get her hair done. She is so amazing and I love her as well!
One of the girls I worked with asked how I could just go to lunch or sit down and chat with these people like I have known then for years. Before I lost Cara if you told me I would be going to lunch and spending the day with someone I never met I would laugh at you. Now its like second nature. I crave these people. They know me like no one else does. Not even my family. This is going to be oh so cliche, but it seriously is like I have known many of my BLMs for years. I treat them all like I know them for real in real life! I am so happy to have met Carrie and Ashley.Not too long ago I had a falling out with a former friend. Some may know. I did a few "angry" blogs about it etc, (thats how I get my emotions out) but as I am meeting all these new people.I am realizing that sometimes you just need a change in life. I love this quote.











8 comments:
Oh I am so happy for you! Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I cannot wait to meet some BLMs in real life in Oct. I know exactly what you mean that you crave time with them, just to feel normal.
xoxo
I feel the same way about my BLM friends. I love these women! I'll be meeting one in November (I think!) and another around Thanksgiving. I can't wait! They understand me to the core and that's something no one else I've ever met outside the BLM circuit has been able to fully grasp. They are my rock and I share my deepest emotions with them and feel totally normal afterward. It's definitely a gift having them in our lives.
I would love to meet you some day. I think you are an inspiration to alot of woman. I too am a BLM. I lost my son Tanner at 19 weeks 5 days gestation to pprom. Keep up the great work. God puts people in your lives for a reason. Blessings
So glad you girls had such a nice time!
I hope to be able to meet you some day soon and there be a post about us! :)
It sounds like you have an amazing connection with these women. I love your quote, I can definitely relate.
I think it is absolutely amazing to have such a fantastic support "team" in all the BLM's you've met over the last couple years!!
I LOVE the quote you ended this post with....
Me = Jealous ;) You know, Florida is a great place to vacation... hint hint...
Me = Jealous
You know, I hear that Florida is a great place to vacation...hint hint!
Post a Comment