Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Erie...

Try just try to wrap your mind around this one...I recieved this email.

I just wanted to send you a message to let you know that I found your site "my world" and it brought a tear to my eye. I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant and 1 day and suffering from severe oligohydramnios. I'm in the hospital with fluids and I'm being monitored but more than likely, I will have to give birth to my little girl very soon. They are suggesting that perhaps she has renal disease. I just wanted to send you this message because, I too am from Illinois(Naperville) and my friend Sue suggested the name Cara because it was Italian and meant "beloved". I have planned on giving my daughter up for adoption the whole time(her father is in the Army in Alaska, I'm 25 and busy in veterinary medicine) and don't think that I could provide for her like a family could. So, I never really considered a name. Personally, I always liked Corryn. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I was touched by your story. I wish you the best of luck with any future pregnancies


Ok so that was first. Sadly she did end up giving birth 8-17 to her baby girl who lived shortly before going to heaven.



NOW my Mom works for a newspaper company in Illinois. Now this girl who lost her sweet daughter Cara lives in the same town as my family and a few towns over from me. There are tons of newspapers and people at newspaper companies...

Here is an email my mom got...
I am inquiring as to the possibility of creating an obituary for my daughter, who was born yesterday at 6:17 pm. I was only 20 weeks and 1 day gestation and she passed quickly after  being born. I was given the choice of registering her(or not) because since I had not yet hit the 21 week mark, it was still considered a miscarriage. They are telling me that <20 weeks is miscarriage and >20 weeks is stillborn. I was stuck in the middle. But she still very much looked like a "person". My heart aches and I would do anything for this small, but tangible piece of evidence to her existence. Please let me know what I need to do or who I need to contact to possibly make this happen; seeing as I did not register her. Thank you very much for your time.

Cara Jennifer
born 8/17/2010 at 6:17 pm
took her last breath at 6:29
10.8 oz, 10 1/4 in

My Cara was born on the 17th as well. 


How crazy is this. Small small world. 
Please keep this woman in your prayers and her sweet daughter Cara.

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Be still my heart.

*hugs*

Abigail said...

Wow!!! Very erie...it gave me goosebumps and made me teary eyed. Another way of your Cara's name living on. I am speechless. I don't even know what else to say. It is a very small world.

PPusty said...

This is not a coincidence that these Mom's and babies are finding you and Cara. It is a God-incidence. He is bringing them to you because you are a kind, generous person who has a strong will. I am very proud of you and love you lots!!!!!!

Lisa said...

That is remarkable! She was meant to find you. I'm sure you will be a great source of strength for her as enters the grieving process. You and your precious Cara are touching hearts and making a difference everyday.

Jill said...

Beautiful blog layout Laura.

And my gosh, I cannot believe those 2 stories you shared. It gave me chills and tears at the same time.

These babies & Cara are in my thoughts and prayers! <3

Franchesca said...

Oh my word. speechless. <3<3<3

Heather said...

All I can say to this is a big WOW!!!

Lisette said...

Wow that is amazing.

Stephanie said...

Ditto ~ wow!

Carly said...

Oh my gosh, that is amazing!

Unknown said...

I know that I have said this a lot to you lately but amazing! And definitely will keep this family in my prayers.