Our home is on the market! There are many different reasons. I was 21 years old when I bought my townhome on my own. Lets just say a super high % rate was the only way I could do that at 21. The economy was booming, it was new construction yada yada. Well 5 years later thanks to a crashed economy and a neighborhood of foreclosures, we are still here. Its too small. Its an hour away from my MFM, half hour away from my OB, 45 minutes away from work for both Kyle and I, and an hour from my parents and 2.5 from his. Also our saving we had was depleted...down to nothing...well possibly a mere 500 dollars. After we lost Cara and my week hospital stay even with insurance, that was a chunk right there. Then there was Charlies 6,000$ surgery, another chunk. THEN there was all my numerous tests and weeks of blood work. Needles to say...hasta luego savings!
Now if we sold our home we would be taking a huge hit. HUGE. So we will be moving in with our parents. This pregnancy will be tough enough. I will need all the help I can get. I will be cutting hours at work as soon as I am told (which I am hoping to get to 22 weeks without having to do so) and I will also be on bed rest at some point which I am hoping to get to 30 weeks without it. We would have our own room and bathroom and so would baby. We would also be able to take our dogs with us. Hopefully Gia behaves like a good girl. (We have had issues with her separation anxiety which entails eating furniture...) But I will be only returning to work 3 days a week, and Kyle has off on Saturdays so really Gia would only be alone a day or so.
This will be stressful for us. Just the selling the house part...we really do not have that much stuff to actually move. Plus we would sell most of it. I am hoping to get this all said and done in the next 3 months. Like I said I am willing to take a hit to get out!
Wish me luck I know I will need it :)
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Good luck! We were going to sell and re-buy again, but decided to wait until Spring hoping the market will be better. I hope your home sells quickly and it all works out.
Best of luck babe!! I truly hope you guys can sell your home in a timely fashion so you can be done with that burden. I think it is amazing that you have your parents to help you guys out!! Even nicer that you guys & baby will all have your own space at your parents!! Again good luck!!
Sending you lots of good wishes for good luck on selling your town home. Definitely hope it happens soon!
Good Luck Laura!!! I'm a friend of one of your sister in law's Katie. I have been following you for some time now and I am so happy for you and Kyle and i wish the two of you the absolute best. I continue to pray for you and for little miss Cara. Good Luck!!!-Cassie
Have you talked to your bank about doing a short sale? Anyone that is saling right now in AZ is having to do a short sale, they approve a lower price as a pay off so you dont have to foot the extra money that you lose.
I just saw that our little angels are only a few days apart.
Good luck! Your house is so cute, I'm sure it will sell fast. It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Try not to stress too much.
Post a Comment