Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fast Forward

Before I lost Cara all I did was plan. Weeks and months in advance...what I was doing, what time, with who etc. After I lost her that all came to a halt as I realized it simply is not important. I had all these plans the weeks after her death before she died. Never would I have thought I would have been penciling in funeral. I  focused on today and tomorrow, and that was about it. My life was so simplified. So really making plans weeks and months in advance is so useless.

However I find myself slowly reverting back. Getting overwhelmed with scheduling, my anxiety kicks in. "What time am I going to the gym?" "What time should I start dinner?" "What time is my show on?" "What day should I plan to get my nails done?" I try to do 10 million things at once sometimes, or I want to plan out the whole month of July, so I know what I am doing and with who. I am realizing again it is just not important to "plan." The important thing is that the important things I need to do always end up getting done. The important people I need to see and need in my life will always be there no matter what. So why try to do everything?

Right now in my life I am over the moon, thrilled and in love of course with my son. Making him happy and my family happy is what matters most. So day by day it is again.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Like you, I also am a huge planner, and starting 2011 with the death of my son was on the schedule either:(

Tarsh said...

I totally relate to what you are saying, my life revolved around 'plans' and routines and when we lost Grace I decided to let go of it all and not plan for anything, however I am finding it necessary as time goes on and reverting back into planning even though it brings anxiety. Good luck!

Abigail said...

I completely agree w/ your blog. We get so caught up w/ planning for today tomorrow next week & I too have made it a conscious decision to focus on the here and now & continuing to make my husband & kids my priority.

Lisa said...

I need to take your advice. You should see my calendar for June and July, it's pretty crazy. The scary thing about it is that I'm on vacation. Yikes!