The Promise Walk this year was wonderful as always. I always look forward to this time every year. This year Team Cara did not raise near as much as we would have liked, but with bed rest, and just delivering my son 2 months ago, it was a bit difficult. I was all for planning and helping, until I had Carter. I guess I had a bit too much on my plate. All that matters is that we were there! Walking for Cara, and all the mothers and babies lives that were lost or effected by this horrible disease.
This year it was a 5k as well as a walk and my Mom ran and actually placed second in the 5k for her age group! Go Mom! I won a door prize go me!
We donated enough money to have a mile marker for Cara made as well!
We will always continue to look forward to this walk every single year. I hope I never have to miss it. Rain or shine, sick or not! Cheers to next year!
3 comments:
Im glad you got to walk!
Awesome Laura! And go Laura's mom!! You all look great!
xo Cara & Carter xo
So glad you were able to participate, and I love the hats! *hugs*
Post a Comment