Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Baby Food Makin!
I finally was able to use my Beaba! I loved it! It was so easy! It took me two hours from start to finish and I made two weeks worth of baby food! I made avocado (mixed with cereal and formula), butternut and acorn squash! I tried it and it was actually yummy!!
Right now we are doing three days of each new food. We will be going through all major veggies first (squash, sweet potatoes, asparagus, carrots, peas, green beans) before we start fruits. Then we will add beans and meats eventually. Although I will not puree meats...yuck. I will probably just give him bits of it around 9 months. We will also NOT be giving juice until he is a year old. Juice is not necessary and even at a year I will be really watering it down!
I am wondering what other veggies I can start him on...suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










4 comments:
I would do avocado, even though it's a fruit it's not real sweet and has good stuff for the brain!
I don't remember their being any veggies to AVOID so I think you can give any. I know with fruits you want to avoid strawberries until 1 yr since they are highly allergenic. And personally I won't give meat or dairy until a yr since they are harder to digest (but not necessarily harmful so they are allowed). I totally agree with you on the juice, so unneccesary, even now my 6 yr old gets mostly milk or water to drink.
I think you have all the starter veggies covered! I love making baby food!
Wow how very cool of you to make his own food!!! Glad it was fairly simple for you!! Sounds like you have the all basic veggies covered
Post a Comment