Now when we bought Carter home I was NEUROTIC about him sleeping. When we first bought him home he slept in his bassinet for about a week. I was fall asleep on his bassinet watching him. Carter sleeping was my weekness. I was so scared that he would just not wake up. I never blogged about it because frankly I was just to scared to even admit that, or "type" it outloud! Well there it was. I was so scared to lose him!
I did research about Co sleeping and ended up sleeping with him in my arms. After my arms would be in pain and after myself realizing that I needed my arms for work...we switched to this thing that goes in bed inbetween hubs and I. Needless to say Kyle was NOT thrilled at that idea. For me its easy! I am 5 foot 1, size 6 girl. I sleep in a ball so it did not matter much to me. On the otherhand Kyle is 6'3 200 lbs. He needs his space...so that did not work! Then the gates of awe opened up! The fisher price rock and play!
Seriously this was my awestruck moment. That little structure up there is how my little man slept through the night. WELLLLLLLL once 14 weeks rolled around and my man was becoming not so little, that was not longer working as he would wake himself up trying to move around. (He was swaddled as well) We slowly worked him out of a swaddle and then into his pack and play. NERVE WRECKING. I am so NOT a woman who welcomes change. All the while Carter was waking up two times throughout the night.
Then eventually it was crib time. He is now waking three times a night. Honestly I do not know how I have been doing this for almost two months. Every time I see him cute face I cant help but smile, even if it is 2:00am!
Carter has eaten all his squashes, avacado and we are moving onto potatoes shortly, so whoever said eating helps them sleep at night sooo lied! Teething? Maybe. Growth spurt? Maybe? Who knows. All I know is this Momma could use a big nap, and by nap I really mean a whole day of just sleeping. I dont forsee that for hmmm about 18 years.










2 comments:
I'm sorry that he still hasn't found his "sleep rhythm" yet. For some babies it does take awhile. I wish you luck and I am sure and pray that soon that comfortable sleep schedule will happen for you all. It is incredibly hard to get upset when they wake up in the wee hours when they look at you and smile real big!!
My older daughter starting sleeping through the night a lot sooner than Lainey. Lainey will still wake up during the night to nurse.
Post a Comment