The thought keeps running through my head. Another baby? Again? With preeclampsia a lot of people are unaware that the closer your subsequent pregnancies are together the better. That is due to your spiral arteries of pregnancies already being stretched out. (I wont bore you with the complicated stuff nor do I truly know how to explain) So I know I do not want to wait too long. Well maybe long enough to lose these last ten pounds!
SIDE NOTE: I HATE the comment "Oh your so young" Yup your genius...I am...HOWEVER if you really WERE genius...you would know that when you are as high risk as I...the younger the better. So age in pregnancy is not on my side. I originally said I wanted to wait two years. Now I am thinking is does not really matter. It will happen when it happens.
NO we are not actively trying. I think active will be sometime after March. My huband has mentioned not wanting another but if we did want another having them close in age" No matter when you have a second child I am assuming it is hard.
Dont know why it is on my mind so much. Assuming because pregnancy is terrifying to me, how my third pregnancy will go is always in the back of my mind.
I would love to say the amazing doctors got me a healthy baby. Sure they were ok, but I still heard the whole "Your anxious" "Could be your anxiety" "Your working yourself up" So I would like to commend myself in saying I GOT MYSELF THERE. I went to the hospital when I did not think things were right. I said I wanted Non Stress Tests starting 28 weeks. I said an extra ultrasound would make me feel at ease. You have to be your own advocate. So I think I am also a bit confident that I know myself and I know what to look for and how to try my hardest to bringing another earth angel home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
i had to do the same thing...in fact, I was the one who asked for a 34-35 week u/s for piece of mind, even though they though I would be fine since we were delivering @ 36 weeks...well, that is the u/s that noticed my fluid was REALLY low..i shudder to think what would have happened if we didnt do the u/s and i went that one more week! i am errified for the nest pregnancy...between the 34w4d loss, gestational diabetes, and a 34w6d preemie birth...ugh!
I am right there with you Laura! Seeing all my friends give birth lately and more becoming preggo, its making me want another! But one, I obviously cannot right now nor for a few years. I have to be out of this house lol and with steady job and obviously husband I would like! But yes all those factors come into play.
I would love for you to have another. I know easier said than done. Its very scary. I keep thinking about it . This may be it for me tho I just dont know, yet I earn for another one I really do. xoxoxo
So here's my question, You mention in your post here about "subsequent pregnancy's being close together being better", are you suggesting its easier to get pregnant b/c of hormones or that somehow pre-e is less likely to take place due to close pregnancy's? Hmmm... I've heard that if your taking "the pill" and just stop taking it your more likely to conceive b/c of hormone changes....im interested please fill me on on this info you have. (Been TTC for about 6 months now) was last prego two years ago. lol
hugs-
Felicia
I don't think your crazy for wanting another one so quickly. When any of us have any type of complication or history of anything, the thoughts are ALWAYS running through my head. I lucked out a lot, but didn't do anything for my mental well being the entire pregnancy with Elia worrying about everything that could go wrong. She's only 3 weeks old and I'm already wondering (NOT THAT WE WANT ONE ANYTIME SOON) if my second will be like this one? Will my body accept another pregnancy so well? We never know, but whatever you and Kyle do decide Laura, I wish you the best. Also, GREAT job saying you want NST's starting at 28, we did too, twice weekly actually with Elia, and i had one ultrasound each month unless otherwise noted. A couple months i had 2-4, just depends.
Hello, I am a mommy of an Angel also and I just wanted to say hi. My husband and I had our baby girl August 13th, 2011. I was 29 weeks and 1 day pregnant and had a placenta abruption and she lost too much blood. I am so sorry for your loss and I hope your heart is comforted during this Christmas season. Both of your babies are absolutely beautiful! Oh, I also loved your video about your daughter's life...I cried through the entire thing. Thank you for sharing your story.
Nicki
I think it is a wonderful thing to welcome another little one into you family. I am sure that with everything that you both have been through with your previous two pregnancies, it makes the choice a little more complicated. With that being said, I 100% agree with you that YOU got yourself through your last pregnancy. YOU were just as involved, if not more so, with the decisions as your doctors were. That has a lot to do with how well informed YOU made yourself before during and after!!! Best of luck to you both! How very exciting
Post a Comment