This is what being hit by lightening feels like. I swear it! I am having some major withdrawals from coming off Zoloft. Its scary. I guess they are well known amongst us crazies as the "brain zaps" and I feel very disoriented, dizzy and nauseous. Had I known this I am not so sure I would have taken the drug in the first place. Nothing like a good old "Here is a drug that will make you feel like your not knocking on deaths door, but p.s. when you come off its like coming off crack!" (Not that I would know what that feels like, but I can imagine something like this!! My zaps are worse at night and I can feel the zaps from my fingers all the way down to my toes. The worst part...I can hear them. Yup! Call me crazy! I spoke with my doctor and we are going to try to stick it out another two weeks to see if it goes away. IF NOT, I have to be put back on the 12 mg and have an EVEN slower wean process...what could be slower than a two month wean and let alone just trying to wean off just 12MG! Isnt that like nothing?! GRRR!
I am actually pretty upset that drugs like these are deemed "safe" in pregnancy. My son Carter was born a month early at 36 weeks and he was in the NICU for a week due to "POSSIBLE" Pulmonary Hypertension and SSRI withdrawals. Oddly no one would really comment any further than that. He had breathing issues, de-stats, along with jolts and jitters. I can only imagine how that felt on a 7 lb baby. UGH! NOW THAT I AM GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS I can 100% say I know it was the Zoloft. Carter was having Zoloft withdrawls. My poor sweetie. Which is why I am off. I am upset drugs that could "possibly" cause those type of reactions in neonates would be even in a category B or C when it comes to a safety of a drug in pregnancy.
I was put on Zoloft to save my well being after the loss of my daughter. I can say that at that point in my life that is WHAT I needed. I needed it to survive. However I hope in the future I never ever need a drug like that again.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
I hope the coming down effects go away soon.
I had to find this blog post of yours again because my Dr recently wanted to put me on Celexa because I'm going through a nasty divorce. I follow your blog because I had preeclampsia as well. I'm so glad you put this post out there. I decided not to take the meds because the withdrawals just don't seem worth it.
Post a Comment