Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

First Goal

I have no shared my first goal for this pregnancy yet! My very first goal is to make it to 20 weeks with no high BP...which means I will not be labeled chronic hypertensive. With Cara according to my records...my first high BP was around 27 weeks. I am sure I had some spikes around 26 weeks if by 27 I had a high reading.

Preeclampsia occurs at implantation and is thought to have something to do with a shallow implantation of the placenta. However the symptoms do not NORMALLY show their face until 20 weeks. (Now I say normally because I know a few women who have delivered at 20 weeks due to PE)

So if I make it to 20 weeks with my normal BP I am in the clear from being chronic! 5 more weeks to go! As I near the 20 week mark I am feeling myself getting a bit nervous, since I know that is when PE symptoms can rear their head.

7 comments:

Abigail said...

One day at a time ... you are almost to your goal! 5 more weeks like you said, and since you have been feeling better I hope these next weeks pass quickly!!!

Stephanie said...

Sending you tons of hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers your way for your first goal :)

CUSTOM BLENDS BY CORRINE said...

I hope you meet your goal of 20 weeks, and even more so, I hope it goes the whole way with out your BP going up! xoxo

Anonymous said...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39540928/ns/health/

Great news on the PE front... though I am a stranger, I follow your inspiring story and thought of you immediately when I read this...

Anonymous said...

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I have never had high blood pressure or Pe, but for some reason this pg my BP has been higher the past 2 appts. I think it is anxiety because when I take it at home they are normal. i just hope and pray we both get to keep our rainbows!!!

B said...

Hi Cara, I left you something on my blog. :-)

Hang in there, I so admire your courage in this experience!