I really think there is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say to a BLM. You just never know what type of battle the people who chose to say things to you are fighting. Some say "mean" things because they are insecure and do not know what to say. Some say "mindless" things because they really are trying to make you feel better. All in for people that have never been in our shoes...just do not know what to say.
Well today I had my annual eye check up. Last year I was 5 months pregnant. I love my doctor and I told him that when I was pregnant I deveoped severe Preeclampsia and HELLP. He knew what they were. Thank God! I sometimes hate going into detail. I told him how I was concerned that I had vision problems for about a month. I lost my vision in my left eye at one point etc. I did not share my outcome of my severe PE. He was very understanding. As my exam went on he asked how my baby was doing. I said she had passed due to the disease. He took out a peice of paper and started writing things down and looking at the screen. He then said "You are on my list of people to pray for. A good friend of ours went through the same thing and lost a child. I pray everything goes well for you" I was so happy that he said that. That was so sweet!
Again not everyone has something to say about your loss that is going to make you feel fantastic. The ones that do we sure never forget! There is never a right thing to say. Just the good things to say!
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









11 comments:
Amazing person!
that brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet person! I want to hug him!!
I love that reaction from your eye doctor. So touching and sweet.
That is so cool! I should mention those who say nice things in my blog instead of those who don't. =)
All it takes is that one person to show you that there is good in the world :)
Loved this post...the good is still out there. :)
This made me tear up. What a kind man!
Ahh, what a refreshing post!
And I agree with Michelle that I should start concentrating on the positive instead of dwelling on the negative.
Thanks for opening our eyes a little more Laura!
xo
I am glad you got someone who said something uplifting ... especially after the comment you shared @ the meeting that was said about you. I may not always know the "right" thing to say, but I will always try and let you know I am here to listen!! XxOo
oh how sweet that was of that doctor! I remember going to a dentist check up early on in this pregnancy with Sadie and I had explained to this new dentist what happened and how I am pregnant again and her response was "youre brave to get pregnant so soon again". That made me so upset and I refuse to go back to her. So now my mom keeps telling me we gotta find a dentist since I told her I do not like my dentist, and I need to go back now I am not pregnant anymore. But yeah Know what you mean about the nice and not so nice things. So very happy your doctor was so sweet.
That is a beautiful thing to say! Thank you for sharing that.
Post a Comment