Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 11, 2010

16 week appointment!

Today marks 16 weeks on the dot! We had our growth scan today too with the MFM. As soon as the wand hit my tummy this baby was all over the place. The tech said now she knows why I feel so much movement already! At a point in the ultrasound the baby bought his hand to his face. I started to cry, and continued through the whole ultrasound. A mixture of happy and sad. I was so happy to see this little bugger moving all around but so sad at the same time knowing that was Cara at some point, alive happy and healthy.

My BP was 131/77...131 because my heart rate was 118 because I was soo nervous :) No protein in my urine with a 11 lb weight gain so far!

You may have noticed that above I said "his" hand...Yup its a boy! The tech said 75% positive that it is a boy. Kyle and I both agreed that we did see something there :) Of course that comes with it's own emotions. I am thrilled whatever it is as long as it is alive of course :) At the same time part of me of course was sad. Does this mean that my girl already happened?

I am just soo happy because did I mention baby is measuring 5 days ahead!! :) Did I also mention that if this baby is 100% a boy his name will be Carter Allen?

Next monday I am going to a fancy ultrasound place for a gender ultrasound, so I can get another opinion because really who wants to wait a month?

From here on out I have ultrasounds every month!!

9 comments:

Erin said...

So, so exciting! Congratulations on your little man!

CUSTOM BLENDS BY CORRINE said...

So glad to hear things went well! I'm so excited for you and your husband! Can't wait to hear how thinks are progressing! xoxo

Abigail said...

How very exciting!! I am so happy that you guys were able to see the gender!! A little boy how fantastic!! I bet there was a roller coaster of emotions that came along with seeing the baby in the ultrasound, and finding out it was a little boy. I know that you will be thrilled with a happy healthy baby. I cannot wait to see what the 2nd opinion reveals...75% is pretty darn good though! Glad the little one is so active!! About you thinking that your chance of having a little girl has happened, that is not necessarily true...you don't know what the future holds. You may be blessed with a little girl later on down the road! XxOo So happy to hear all this wonderful news!!

LeAnn said...

Congratulations on your little boy. Great name.

Supposed to be... "Mama G"... said...

Oh, ultrasounds are wonderful. They are when I feel the most reassured.

Congrats on the boy!! You two will have so much fun with your little man! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! We really thought we were having a boy, and when we found out it was a girl I was surprised and so happy. Happy because in a way I felt like it made this pregnancy even more different. It gave me hope that all would be okay!

I am glad to see everything went well and keep the pictures of little Carter coming!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. Love the name :)

brigette said...

So exciting congrats!

Lisette said...

How exciting, CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!