So far so good. Gia is back from her one month stay at boot camp. Gia has never in her life been able to "sit stay" or "heel" or walk into petsmart without embarrassing the crap out of my husband and I. People see her on a walk and run for cover, she lunges, foams at the mouth, yanks, chokes herself...you name it. If Gia was on a walk (or taking me for a walk) and saw another dog or person, it was screaming, pulling, yanking me down the block. Gia NEVER goes on walks. Gia NEVER goes anywhere with us. We never had people over. Gia NEVER has been in a public setting.
Welllllll.....she is a totally new dog. Gia can sit, stay, heel, walk beside you and look at you. Walk past another dog without batting an eye. We even took her to petsmart tonight and walked around and when people came up to her she SAT!!!! I was sooo proud to walk around and show her off. Its amazing when people say wow she is a good dog! I will be posting a video of her walking and training on my facebook soon here. I am so excited that I can actually take my dog for a walk and be a normal person with a normal dog!
Gia also has separation anxiety. HATES being alone. NEVER EVER EVER used to even be in a different room than us. As we speak she is downstairs chewing a bone. Im upstairs. Gia also used her teeth to get out of her metal cage. In the process lost 6 teeth...and blood. Well her trainer said she is kennel trained again. So we are going to give it a try for her and see how it goes. Separation anxiety is something you may never cure, but having a trained dog that you can actually introduce to society again, and can look forward to training, gives her a purpose and can take her mind off being bored. She should be so tired from training with us a few times a week that she should not have anxiety.
Yes an old dog can learn new tricks. She is 4. Yes I will do ANYTHING for my dogs. Yes they are my children and yes dogs can all benifit from a personal training. It was priceless and worth every penny!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
So glad that you guys have been able to see a difference!! I will keep my fingers crossed that she continues to keep up the good work!! Looking forward to hear all about her progress
I'm so glad it worked out for you guys! DH and I were just looking at your blog the other day and were talking about what a beautiful dog she is and how we hope to have one like her some day :)
Wow that is great, I hope Gia continues her good behavior. Enjoy your new Gia.
Post a Comment