Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sleep?

Sleep? Whats that?

Carters sleep patterns began a bit hectic as I am sure all babies are! We finally figured out that he would not go to bed after he woke for a feeding due to his reflux. Now that he is on Zantac, he has a schedule! Yay Carter man! He goes down around 830-10 somewhere in there...although sometimes he won't go to sleep until 11. Either way he is back up around 2 and 5. The 5 am feeding is the hardest for sure! I always kiss him when he wakes me up and smile. I always get so happy to see him, even if it is 2am! I am just so happy he is awake and needing me. Some people say it will get old, well 7 weeks have passed and not old yet!

When we bought him home he slept with us, because the bassinet thing freaked me out! I would spend more time worrying about him because he was not close to me! I actually fell asleep on the bassinet watching him sleep. We did after a few days put him in bed with us where he slept in my arms. I know a lot of people do that but I have heard too many stories of people suffocating their infants when they sleep with them, so I did not think that was fair to Carter obviously, so I purchased this Co sleeper that actually attaches to your bed in between Kyle and I. That is how we slept for about two weeks. I recently found this Rock and Play by Fisher Price that is an elevated sleep rocker for him to sleep in! It is much better for babies with reflux to sleep on a bit of an incline. After his feedings at night laying him flat would cause him to be fussy for about a half hour after putting him down, so this Rock and Play really seems to help! What we do for sleep right? So now we have a Rock and Play sleeper, Bassinet, Co sleeper!! I could open a store!

7 comments:

The Mac's House said...

Oh I know how hard it is when you're feeling sleep deprived, soon very soon he will get into a pattern.

Sleep and rest when you can.

Thinking of you and hoping that it gets easier with the sleeping.

Tiffany said...

That Rock-N-Play changed my life! I slept with Cash in my arms too because laying flat aggravated his reflux and he would scream and scream. He sleeps so good in it and I can sleep soundly without having to worry if he is suffocating! I only wished they made it in blue. Only pink and yellow. Let me know if you have reflux questions!

Jill said...

Awe! I am glad you have something that works and helps you all out!!

Looks like mama caught up on blogging today! I need to do so! hopefully tomorrow I am hittin the hay now! miss you!! :) (our chats and texts! ha)

yes just wait until once he finally is "down" at a certai ntime and stays down. I LOVE baby Sadie but sometimes mama needs her sleepers!

and omg yes, I am STILL like you and I think I always will be. I get excited and happy everytime seeing Sadies face when she wakes up. Especially in the mornign! like tonight i got home just like 20 minutes ago from dinner with my friend and my mom was sleeping in her room and i just look at Sadie sleeping all curled up in her crib and I jst smiled! oh its the best feeling !!

Becky said...

I am pretty sure when I finally get the chance to bring my own little one home staring and smiling at them, even at 2 am, will never get old either, especially after what we've been through.
Hope you get some sleep

Abigail said...

Glad to hear he is on a schedule!! Yay Carter for sure!!! Even cooler that the Rock & Play has helped you guys out so much. Excited that you guys can all get more ret now

Sarah Davies said...

I have just been catching up on your post.... Sleep is a huge deal in our house as well. We co sleep and I love it. I love hearing Lucas sleeping and knowing that he is ok. I am sure that I get so much more sleep because he is close. Do what is right for your family... with all parts of parenting.
He is such a cutie.

Unknown said...

One of our chidlren had reflux she had to take Zantac and Regalin for six months. I hope you are able to catch up on sleep soon, I know I love sleep.