I think that since I am one day away from being 6 weeks out from giving birth. I am Preeclampsia and HELLP free this pregnancy and post pardum! I had some labile pressures towards the end of my pregnancy, and I think had I gone another few weeks, PE could have reared its ugly head, but it did not! I am so grateful! It was no fun worrying about it all 8 months, but so worth all the worrying in the end of course! This all makes me a little excited that trying again is possible. A pregnancy without PE is possible! I think we will wait about a year and a half, but I would like to do it again! Carter is so amazing, and I do not mind the throw up, pee'd on life I now have...in fact I love it!!
I had to reschedule my 6 week check up for another week, but no major problems to report. Of course I am still a bit sore, but I can imagine that is normal!I have been nursing and pumping, although I am not a fan of nursing because Carter does not latch on for long and due to his NICU stay I think he takes to a bottle better. I could not be there in the NICU with him 24 hours a day for a week, so they had to supplement with formula, and I was not producing anything after he was born. Im still supplementing because I am not producing enough to keep up with what he eats, if my supply does not get better when I go back to work, I may be ending the pumping/nursing. At least I did it for the first 2 months if I do quit! That is the most important time!
I start back to work just on Saturday's tomorrow and go back my three days May 5. I miss my coworkers and my clients! I am excited to get back into a routine! My life is all about schedules and routines. Not near as bad as it was before I lost Cara. Losing her made me realize you just can't plan EVERYTHING about life.
Carter is doing great! Grew out of his newborn clothes :) Bittersweet! The older he gets the more I wonder what Cara would be doing, or what she would have done. Carter laughs in his sleep out of nowhere and I like to think Cara is in his dreams, teasing him or telling him a funny story of his Momma...lord knows there are plenty to tell! I was and still am quite the goof. Although lately I have to say my lack of sleep has made me grouchy and on edge, again I am sure that is normal!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
What a nice thought that sister, Cara, may be teasing him. Surely that may be why he smiles & laughs in his sleep.
So happy that Carter man is doing so well.
Thank goodness that you did not get PE or HELLP this pregnancy!! Sorry that you are not producing a lot of milk, but like I mentioned before some women just don't. I think the big reason why you didn't is because of his NICU stay. You weren't able to both learn together the whole nursing thing. Maybe fore sure with your next little one?! I agree that the good thing is least you tried and gave him what you could for the first 2 months!! Good luck on your first day back tomorrow!!
Laura,
You are such a beautiful soul and I'm so grateful to have found you in blog world. You give hope to women like me that have suffered from Pre-eclampsia and live to tell their story. Lived to have a successful pregnancy afterward.
Congrats on no PE! Hugs-
Felicia
Congratulations on your clean bill of health! How wonderful that Carter is doing so well!
Has anyone talked to you about Domperidone for increasing your milk supply? http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Domperidone%20Getting%20Started.asp
I was on it for 16 months and swear by it. Let me know if you have any questions.
All the best with whatever you decide.
rememberingalexander@hotmail.com
WAY TO GO LAURA!!! So glad to hear that! It feels great doesnt it?
Awe, that is so cute about little Carter man how he laughs in his sleep! Just wait until he laughs when hes awake and laughs at something you say or do. Oh its the best!
You have doen great nursing up until now and pumping! I know alot of my friends like I think I may have told you give up VERY easily within 2-3 weeks. I admit, I was about to early on as well, but I wanted to so badly be able to give for her since she was preemie. And I hear so much benefits. But now, that I have stopped for the most part but at least nurse once a day, I am trying to do opposite and get back to it. But that may not happen and I may decide to cut all together as well. But whats most important they say its better than nothing you know? At least he got some!
It is truely hard word and with my nephew being here and me watching him, its difficult. I don't know how to work around that with nursing and what not especially living at home. Dont feel comfortable around everyone obv.
I hope yorue first day back to work went well! I can understand how you miss being around friends and your clients, I would too! I am starting to be anxious to start school in a way but VERY nervous, but Id like to be able to interact with people my age and what not. Yet I will so miss being miss Sadies side 24/7!
Youre doing awesome and again cant wait to finally "meet" you in November! I am counting down the days! :)
I am so happy for you that you did not get PE or HELLP.
Carter is so adorable and I love that Cara visits him. As I was reading this post Julian was behind me and he seen the pictures of Cara and Carter and he said "oh so cute, look at the babies." Just thought I would share. Hope things at work are great and hopefully soon you will start getting sleep.
Post a Comment