Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I miss being pregnant

Yup. Call me crazy, but I do! More than likely it is because I was pregnant for practically two years! My last two years have revolved around creating life...lucky for my husband!

It could also be because this time around my pregnancy was as normal as a high risk chick that lost a baby and almost her life could be! I had my 6 week check up today and am still not healed (I did not have a c section...) so one would think that I would like to wait forever to be pregnant again. Pregnancy and birth is such an amazing thing, I still look at Carter sometimes and think he came out of where?! I am only 5 foot and was a size 4. (Was key factor still have 12 lbs to lose here!) I wanted to be weaned off Zoloft but my OB did not think that was such a good idea right now...sigh. All I know is I am not a fan of medication and do not want to be on it.

I am thinking next May will be when we will be able to try again. I have also decided we will not find out the sex, because I have girl stuff and boy stuff. Plus getting the room ready is not all that important since I know the baby will sooo not sleep in it. I want them in my room, and trust me if I could drag the huge ass crib in my room now I would!

Speaking of sleep, my deprivation is getting easier, Carter is sleeping about 4 hours before he wakes up for his first feeding, and honestly my body is adjusting like everyone said it would. (Dont you hate when everyone is right?)

I also broke down and ordered the Snuza Check it out here! In short this is its description :
What’s more important to you:
Knowing when your baby is crying?
Knowing when your baby is not moving?
 
Yes, it is good to know when your baby is crying and moving & needs your attention, but isn’t it even more important to know when they are completely still?
 
If you want to monitor your baby anywhere, anytime...snuza!
 
So that is what I did. Call me crazy all you want, but I want my child to stay alive, and I can;t help but think of the worst, not to mention if anything DID happen I would never forgive myself knowing that there were options. I want to do everything possible! Plus I will never put this child in his own room without some other reassurance. SIDS scares the shit out of me because a baby that is born premature is more prone to it.
 
I will leave you all with some Carter love!


10 comments:

The Mac's House said...

You two are adorable!

Becky Baker said...

He is just too sweet!!!

What a beautiful baby!

Hugs

Jill said...

Awe, I am weith you too Laura as I told you today earlier!

I would love to be able to have another one close in age somewhat to Sadie, BUT , I have to find a man first haha and be in the right relationship and finanical reasons too but boy id loveee to have another one and yes I think it would be neat to not find out the sex too! SURPRISE! :)


I miss being preggo SO much!

Abigail said...

Sorry to hear you are not 100% healed yet. I hope the cream they prescribed helps.
Hey whatever you need to buy or do to help you have peace of mind for you & Carter then so be it!! It's wonderful to have all this technology now a days!!
Sometimes I miss being pregnant too. I think it is very normal to feel that way. How awesome that you guys are already thinking of another little one in the near future. Nit finding out is the best!!!
Carter just keeps getting cuter

TanaLee Davis said...

I don't blame you for being a little extra...you have reason to worry more than most out there.

He gets cuter by the day. Watch out...he'll be bringing in all the ladies. lol

Todays update was nice. Thank you-
Felicia

Becky said...

I don't think you are crazy for wanting that machine. My husband and I were going to get one for Liam because my husband had lost a brother to SIDS so he was really worried about that and now we will for sure get one when we finally get to bring a baby home.
Cute pics!

Nicole said...

I don't think you are crazy. I miss being pregnant too. You and your son are beautiful (:

Feel free to browse my personal blog or my photography blog. Prints are for sale. A portion of the proceeds made are donated to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. Find out more at www.nmmphotography.blogspot and www.thisisforyouboy.blogspot.com

Tarsh said...

We brought a machine similar to you for sleep apnea with my first born who was also born prem, it was pure peace of mine and made me feel much more at ease, so good on you!

anyaadores said...

GOSH you guys looks so gorgeous - and Carter is about the cutest name on the block - I adore it. Can't wait to see what you get upto next - following your awesome blog - would love it if you do the same. :O)
A x

Toyin O. said...

The baby is too cute, thanks for sharing your story, you sound like a great mum:)