Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 11, 2011

Getting caught up!

Let me get everyone caught up!

Has it really been almost a year and a half? These last two years have aged me beyond words. I see wrinkles, grey hairs...ugh. Its all worth it of course...I guess...if you call losing a child somewhere in between worth it.

 It almost feels like the everything was jumbled together up until my pregnancy with Carter. My pregnancy with him was no easy by any means, it was stressful, but in the end of course I would do it again. I did enjoy it as much as I could, but I think anyone who loses a child never really "enjoys" any part of pregnancy, unless its the part where the baby is born alive.

The past month has been full of adjustments of course. Going to school is still in the back of my mind, however financially with Carter's NICU stay and with a lot of unknowns in the financial department on my husband and I's behalf that will have to be put on hold.

Right now I am having a bit of a hard time with some things, my new body is an adjustment. All my size small, or 4 jeans do not fit. I literally had to get a new wardrobe...after all I am a stylist and going back to work next week! I have an additional 13 lbs to lose. Not easy when you are 5 foot. I was always a work out a holic, running, weights etc...now just finding the energy to wake up is hard enough. It is very hard on me mentally not being able to work out, and keep in mind I was basically pregnant for almost two years!! Another thing that bugs me is that I was on modified bed rest for over a month...all my muscles are gone! So even walking the mall puts me in pain. Sooo not good when you are an instant gratification kind of girl.

As for work, I am excited to go back. I am surrounded at home with people I 100% trust with Carter, including my husband. I never would have to leave him a list and he would never call to ask what to do! It is great! I would love to be a stay at home mom, aside from the financial reasons, I just mentally could not do it. I am a busy body, a people person. Plus I 100% LOVE doing hair!

As for Carter at his one month check up he was 8lbs 12oz. He is barely fitting into his newborn clothes anymore...sad! He gets cuter everyday. I cant describe to anyone how much he resembles his sister. His nose and chin kill me!! Many times when I look at him I immediately see and think of her.

During Carters first week home I was so scared for him or myself to go to sleep in fear of losing him. Hubby and I have sense purchased a bassinet type thing that goes in bed with us, attaches to our bed right in between us both! Hubs was not thrilled, as he is a big guy, but hey...piece of mind is always priceless.

On a funny note, Carter has on obsession with fans! Constantly staring at them and they do not even have to be moving!

6 comments:

Abigail said...

Thanks for catching us up on what's been going on. I have missed reading your blog entires, but understand that you have been busy taking care of Carter.
I know how hard it is to not fit into your old clothes, and how on us short people the extra weight is very noticeable. Like you said though, you had been pregnant for 2 years. You know how much your body has been through so just try and be patient. It took you that long to put on the weight it will be awhile before it comes off. You are very determined and I know once you go back to working out the pounds will be shed!!
It is understandable that school may have to wait because of the reasons you mentioned, but again I say that I have no doubt you will reach that goal in your future!
Glad Carter is growing & thriving. Nahlos loves to stare at fans as well. I hope you are getting into a routine with Carter and that it continues to get "easier" for you & Kyle

Becky said...

so happy to hear Carter is doing so well-the fan thing is cute.
Also happy to hear you are feeling confident enough to go back to work.
As far as the weight thing goes its been only 3 months since losing Liam and I can't fit into any of my prepregnancy clothes and just in the last month able to exercise more, like you said its hard to believe how out of shape you get from not doing anything for a month or two. But hang in there, you say your a busy body and I'm sure you'll be back in shape and in your old jeans in no time.

Lisette said...

Glad that Carter is doing so well, proud of you mama!
I am sure once you get back into the routine of work and your new schedule you will start to feel better. Carter like you said is in good hands and that alone takes away from of the stresses of going back to work. The weight loss will come in time. Your body has been through so much. Don't get frustrated. ((HUGS))

TanaLee Davis said...

This is great news/updates.
I know that it must be hard to adjust but like you said its all worth it. Don't worry about your weight, you'll loose it all and be back in no time at all.
~Felicia

Tiffany said...

Cash does that with fans too! Moving or not, weird.

Jill said...

Hang in there Laura! You are doing awesome!

I see Cara alot in Carter as well. Bittersweet.

I remember the good old days when baby Sadie looked at the fans and was mezmerized by them. Ha. Now, when I feed her, she turns her head and looks at the light on the sound machine. Its too funny, I have to put her into bed because she gets distracted or will keep looking at it!

Before you know it, you wil get to where you wanna be. I truely understand . I am right with you sister. I am a busy buddy too, I am always on the go and wanting to get stuff. You and I are alike for sure!! I just wish I lived closer so you can do my hair!! :))