Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, June 10, 2011

Weight lifted

Ever feel so good about something? You know that feeling of the weight lifted off your shoulders? Sigh...I love that feeling. I have not had that feeling in such a long time. Relief and satisfaction. Ending of a chapter in my life that was full with selfishness and negativity. It is so crazy to look back and analyze certain situations, friendships or people how selfish they were/are; how much they truly differed from yourself.

I am so grateful to know that I always try to be the bigger person in any given situation. I am grateful for the friends that have helped me become a "bigger person." I am also grateful that I can turn any unfortunate situation into a positive one and find the positive in it. I am grateful for this blog. Its my outlet, how I deal. I am grateful that I know that having a child means doing everything you can for them. So many people do not know that. I know that my job is to make life fun for them. The Park, The Zoo, Lego Land, all the fun things for my child not just myself. I am grateful for my husband and the amazing relationship we have. We have trust, honesty, and most importantly loyalty. I have realized I do not need unfaithful, ungrateful selfish people in my life. I am grateful I do not dwell on things, I can pick up and move on with my life. Leave behind the dirt and dust.

I am looking forward to my future and what is has to offer me.

5 comments:

The Kimlers said...

Great post Laura!! Out with the old, crappy, toxic people that aren't good for you and on to the bigger better appreciative people!!! It's hard getting to that point, and when you figure out who your real friends are and aren't.

Alissa said...

Congratulations on getting that extra "weight" off and being able to move on with the people in your life who have been there and will continue to be there for you....the you are today. Sending big hugs your way.

Jill said...

bEAUTIFUL POST LAURA! i AGREE INDEED IT FEELS AWESOME!

Tarsh said...

Congratulations on lifting that weight off your shoulders and out of your life, who needs extra baggage, no-one! Very powerful and inspiring blog entry!

Abigail said...

Love this post!!! It is so very true that when you are in an unhealthy situation you cannot see it until you have removed yourself from it. So glad that you got rid of the extra weight that was causing such negativity! Very happy that your bond with your hubby and son are as strong as they are, and it can only get better & stronger. XxOo