Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Zoloft

How did I funtion without you? As you all know I am open honest and have nothing to hide. Zoloft is my drug of choice.

I was put on it after losing Cara. Actually after I loss her I was on Zoloft, Xanex and Ambien all just to help me live. Honestly. To help. ME. live. I thought I was going to die, could not drive near hospitals, saw my doctor every other day for blood pressure check up's for three weeks and even was scared to be alone. It was hard enough to cope. About 4 months later I felt good enough to come off my occasional Xanex (which in the first month after losing Cara I was taking three times a day...ya...) Then of course I got pregnant, and just stayed on the Zoloft.

Reciently It was a thought of trying to come off it, as I felt I do not need this anyone....Ya.....house hunting proves that thought WRONG. The past two weeks I have seen over 30 homes and only found one we like with outrageous taxes and at the top of our price range...sigh. The short sale that we put an offer on we were outbid...sigh...I am not happy with any home I see because I want perfection. Zoloft you are needed. That is for sure. Makes me wonder if I will ever be able to come off? Its strange that soemthing such as house hunting can trigger the same exact anxiety that losing my daughter did?

Again on a happy note I leave you with Cman!

6 comments:

Krystle said...

I've never been on medication like that, though I seriously thought of getting something prior to Peyton's surgery. I never did. I had pretty bad PPA and mild PPD after both pregnancies but managed to get through it.
I have taken a tricylic antidepressant before to help prevent migraines but it wasn't helping & I didn't like the side effects (most sexual in nature..tmi)
But, anyways, I think TOO many people judge others for taking medication, if you feel more like you while taking it..then I would say don't worry about a timeframe.

Also we are under contract witha short sale and that IS super stressful!

House hunting often stresses relationships to the max.

GL

Elaine said...

It was quite helpful for me as well. But like you I don't know if I'd ever be able to go off it if I went back on. I could easily go back on it now to help ease some of the anxiety and ppd but there is always something in life, something that is depressing or cause anxiety. And I'm afraid I'd be on it for life. After the move I'll go off, after the kids finish high school I'll go off, after the wedding I'll go off...etc etc.

The Mac's House said...

You have no idea how much comfort I received in reading this post. My daughter was put on Zoloft after the birth of her daughter, oh boy did she need it. She couldn't function at all due to many issues and stressors going on in her life at that time. Now it has been 3 years she's been on it and feels like a total failure as a person for what she feels is "dependant" upon this drug to cope with life. She's on the lowest dose possible as it is and when she doesn't take it well all I can say is "watch out world, there is H@ll to pay to be around her". :)

Good luck with the house hunting search!

Anonymous said...

I was on Prozac for 7 years of my life. They told me I had a chemical imbalance in my brain and I would have to be on it forever to be "more upbeat" When I finally turned 18 and moved out and didn't have my grandma trying to stuff it down my throat every day, I decided to stop taking it. I had my good days and bad days, but eventually I got steady. Now I'm 21 and haven't looked back! I love being off of it. Everything comes with time and if it makes you feel good, GO FOR IT! I also agree with Krystal that people judge others too much for taking medication.

Tarsh said...

I have not been on medication personally but have seriously considered seeking some at times and even just drinking simply to numb the day....if you need it and it helps and it keeps you going then feel good for stepping up and seeking that help, good luck with the house hunting!

Abigail said...

I have not been on any medication, but I give you credit for acknowledging the fact that you are on this medication & I am happy/proud that it helps you with your anxiety. Whatever helps you get through the day! XxOo