Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 21, 2010

Answers to your ?'s

I have gotten some questions so lets begin with the answers!

Have you found a support group? - Yes we have. Its called Share...however due to issues that I can't go into detail about, I don't attend anymore. I could if I wanted to I suppose...just a bit uncomfortable, for me, as I can't truly talk about my feelings about Cara's death and everyone's questions at the group as to "Why Preeclampsia was not caught" I always just have to respond "Thats a good question."

We did find it helpful right after our loss, because we were able to know that we were not alone in the cruel world. Now that we are past some of the excruciating grief...we don't find it as helpful. We will be looking into groups called Share Hope...its for having hope of a Rainbow baby after a loss. 


Have you been to counseling?- No we have not. I do not want to go at all. The only way I would EVER do counseling is if the person who WAS my counselor went through the loss of a child. I STRONGLY believe that no matter what degree you have or how smart you have you will NEVER understand the loss of a child, unless you have been there. My PTSD is due to my traumatic loss, as well as how sick I was. Maybe im being stubborn...but I feel like I am doing great without help. My good days outweigh the bad...so thats how I know I am ok. So this is my therapy and man has it helped!


How did you and Kyle meet?- We met at college. I attended for a semester and Kyle was there for a year. I am a people person and was walking the halls saying hi to people with my roommate, when I walked into Kyles room and said "Hi Im Laura" That was it :) After that he would not leave me alone hehe :)That was 2002, we have been together ever since.

What do and your husband do for work?- I am a hairstylist at a Aveda Lifestyle salon and I love my job so much, I can't ever imagine not working as a stylist. My husband is the hardest worker I know. He is a head Mechanic and Manager. 
  
When you get pregnant, what is your new doctor going to do differently this time around?  Will she have you take baby aspirin or blood pressure medicine? Will she put you on bed rest if your BP starts rising? Will she do ultrasounds and stress tests more frequently? Will she have you check your BP every day? Next time around I will be seen more frequently. I am on baby asprin...however I am not cronic hypertensive so I will not be on Bp meds UNLESS my BP gets high, then I will more than likely be put on them. Bed Rest is a must if my BP starts to rise. Ultrasounds and NST tests will be done way more frequently as of now I am not sure HOW frequently. Yes I also will be checking my BP daily! :)

8 comments:

brigette said...

Thanks for sharing!! Keep my fingers crossed for your rainbow baby!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tip about Share Hope. I'm going to look into that in my area. I'm sorry people didn't understand in the other support group but I'm glad it served it's purpose for the time that you needed it. I just started seeing a grief counselor. Like you, I wanted someone that has experienced the loss. I don't care how much education someone has, reading about it in a text book is NOT the same as experiencing it. I was lucky and found a lady a few miles from my house who has experienced infant loss. I'm not sure how it's going yet my second session is on Thursday. If you need or want counseling I think you'll know when you're ready. Keep doing what you're doing if it makes you feel better. Hugs

Unknown said...

I love the story of how you and your hubby met. What a precious memory to have :)

Anonymous said...

You know I haven't gone and seen anyone either. I feel like through this world of blogging and meeting other BL moms i have been able to work through most of it. I would like to join a group, but I too am at your stage where we are getting ready to TTC and I need to find a group for that. Good luck with everything!

Lisette said...

Thanks for sharing. Praying for your rainbow baby.

Supposed to be... "Mama G"... said...

Thanks for the answers :) Thoughts are with you as you TTC (we just had our 3rd unsuccessful month... trying to keep our fingers crossed)
I haven't found a support group. I guess we don't have the population base here for one that deals with child loss. Our support groups are just grief support.. and I'm at the point now where I don't relate to just "grief".. I can relate best to other child losses.
I was fortunate that my counsellor had a loss of her own. I agree with that statement..If they haven't had it...they don't know! For me, in this part of the world, people don't talk about child/infant loss. It can be very isolating. That is why I love the blog world. It reminds me I'm not alone. Thanks again!

Maggie said...

Nice to know a little more about you! Blogging is also my therapy! :) I honestly think a lot of my healing has come from having a blog and meeting people like you!

Natasha said...

Thanks for answering my questions! Did your doctor say your chances of getting PE/HELLP again are 30%? Or higher? Also, I noticed on the PE Forum you said you had HELLP,classification 3. Is that the worst form of HELLP? How did you know which classification you had?