So I am reading the book Still by Stephanie Cole. Its amazing. It pinpoints exactly what I went/am going through. I wish everyone who knows me who is not a BLM would read it. One day I would love to turn this blog into a book for other BLM to read...one day...
Anyway I wanted to share some of the excerpts from the book...
"People will tell you that time heals. Those people are liars. The Pain doesnt go away, you just build up your tolerance to it. It is like lifting weights. If you try to lift 500 pounds, it is going to crush you. But if you lift it every day of your life, it is going to get easier and easier to do, and eventually you are going to lift it without breaking a sweat..."
"Some people say they've looked death in the eye. I've cradled it in my arms, in my body. Given birth to it. Its not scary when its that close."
"The Stephanie who was pregnant and excited to start her new life as a mommy is gone. She died with her daughter. I'm a different person. My life has changed forever and so have I."
The last quote from her book I feel is a good ending to this post and the way I know all of us feel.
"I dont think most people truly understand how much is lost when a baby dies. You dont just lose a baby, you also lose the 1 and 2 and 10 and 16 year old she would have become. You lose christmas mornings and loose teeth and first days of school. You just lose it all"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









14 comments:
Perfect. <3
I think I am taking a trip to the library to check out this book!!! I love to read and am currently not reading anything. Also I want to better understand how to be supportive to you and my other girlfriend who have lost their babies (for different reasons) but a loss is a loss.
I have heard numerous women tell me how wonderful this book is. I am going to pick up a copy for myself and read it.
I am also sharing one of the quotes via facebook .. it is too perfect not to share.
*hugs*
I love the last 2 quotes especially.
That last paragraph really sums it up. Thanks for the suggestion - I love reading new books!
So true.
Wow, I think this is a book I'm going to have to pick up! Thanks so much for sharing it! You are a true inspiration to all of us!
I have been meaning to order that book. Those excerpts say alot.
Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have to check that out! XO
Off to the bookstore I go!
Thanks for the suggestion.
xo
I have been meaning to order this book and well I am going to do so today.
Thank you for sharing those quotes.
This sounds like a great book. I'm going to add it to my reading list. Thanks for sharing.
All so so true. Thank you for sharing these quotes.
I'm not sure how I even came across your blog..but I did and now I have to comment.
My son lived almost a day..he would have been 27 in June. It's true that the pain never goes away..the tears will always fall. There will be days, months and (yes) years where you won't cry - but the tears are always there.
Post a Comment