Shots is yet another thing on our agenda.
I have been going back and forth about being selective about which shots I chose to give my little man. In 1983 there were under 12 shots given to infants, now our babies in the first year of life get 38...38!!! That makes me nervous. Of course I will do the mandatory ones...after all I do want my child to go to school. However the shots that are not mandatory I will be speaking to his doctor about at his 4 month appointment.
I do get very overwhelmed with all this new found information on vaccinations and to be honest I am just not educated enough about it to be pumping my child full of all of this. I am not going to hop on the "everyone else did it " wagon. I want to be a voice for my child and make decisions for him and in the best way possible. So I will have more information over the next few months on shots!
Friday, June 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Well said Laura! These pictures made me SMILE! Youre oh so pretty!
Good on you for finding out what you want to know and thinking things through first, it is a hard decision and with my two living children we were selective also.
I am so glad when I hear people taking an interest in what is being put in their child's body. It took me two years to finally have our daughter fully vaccinated.
I did not want her overloaded, and I wanted time to research each vaccine and decide if it was right for us.
There are two books that I could recommend if you are interested.
Wow 38 my son is only 2.5yrs old and there were only 22 at that time. I have a friend who does the shots, but splits them up. One doctor visit she will only do 2and in two weeks she comes back to get 2 more. A lot more work, but she said she notices with her second child is way less crabbier than having them all at once, just a thought.
I thought all the shots were mandatory. I guess I need to do more research for myself!
i love how proactive you are in educating yourself. i have yet to have my earth baby, but already i am worried about vaccinations. sigh.
Post a Comment