Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cardiologist

I caved...im going to see a cardiologist. I guess I just have been putting it off because Im so scared of doctors and what they will find! Im scared they are gonna find out something else. I guess I have no reason to be scared, I have had 3 EKG's all come back normal. My cholesterol is under control on meds. I just HATE doctors offices now. They make me crazy nervous, and I have mad flashbacks, so its hard for me to even go now!

But lets try to look at it this way. I was very ill with a disease that effects liver, kidney, heart, everything basically, who why not cover everything before I TTC again? Plus I do have high cholesterol, so I guess that would not hurt to see a cardiologist, because I know I will need one later in life. Also IF I get Preeclampsia again, I will already have a cardiologist that I can go to.

Another reason that made up my decision is that I have been doing lots of research about Cardio Output and what it has to do with Preeclampsia so I am going to print out some studies and show the doc. (I know this probably does not mean much to you NON PE people, but to make a reallly long story short, Preeclampsia is linked with heart disease somewhere down the line...somewhere...somehow...so off to see Mr. Heart Dr. I go! Hopefully I can get in to see him soon. I am awaiting a call back...P.S. Did I ever mention I hate when people ask my medical history...hmmm where do we start

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about repeating your medical history. I am starting to think I should write out a document and give it to each new doc I see LOL.

Hoping all goes well with the cardiologist and looking forward to the updates.

Courtney said...

Oh I totally know what you mean. We had genetic counseling today and we had to sit there and rehash everything ALL over again. ugh.

I actually went to the ER on Monday due to chest pains. Then came the flash flood of memories. Thankfully my EKG came back normal but will be monitored of course throughout my pregnancy.

I wish you well with the Dr and will be anxious to see an update.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I too hate going to see doctors, and exlaining my medical history. I agree with what Jessica mentioned, he he he, writing out a document and handing it over.

I think with my next pregnancy (if I am brave enough) I will stick with the same hospital so I hopefully wont have to dregde everything up from the past.

P.S Love your blog, and cara is such a beautiful angel baby, watching your video montage brought a tear to my eye. Too many of us angel mummys.