Part of my PTSD, is having flashbacks of my "horror story" They typically happen in the morning when im just waking up. Today I felt my heart race and was having flashbacks about being in the hospital with the EKG wires hooked to me and being scared for my life. I quickly had to tell myself that was then this was now.
I think these thoughts come from the nightmares I have that come and go. Last night I dreamed about seeing a cardiologist, and they found something wrong. I remember crying in my dream. I hate those dreams! They are few and far between now, so thats good at least!
I also have decided not to see a therapist. I would however appreciate any comments you all have if you have seen one IF your a angel mommy. I have not heard anything positive from anyone who has lost a child that have seen a therapist. Your looking at my therapist its blogger.com...its also all you guys who read my babble and comment :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









5 comments:
I had thought about going, but let me tell you I didn't think that it would help. I am stubborn and thought that if I went to one that meant I couldn't solve my own problems and I was weak-just my opinion. I proposed the idea to DH to go, he said no. He was forced to see one when he was a kid and they don't help...Through the CDH forums I had my sessions and lots of mommies help me stay strong. I am not fine by an means, but doing ok. If that makes sense... Here to help you through ((((HUGS)))))
I DID go to a therapist after we lost Calvin and it DID help. My therapist was the right fit for me though, she was gentle, unopinionated, nonjudgemental and she didn't try to "fix" me with a million suggestions. I highly recommend therapy with one condition, that you find someone who is right for you. I've heard from so many babylost moms that their therapists were horrified, uncomfortable, dismissive about their grief. One who specializes in grief counselling or PTSD would probably be a good fit but if at first you don't find someone you're comfortable with, keep trying! Hugs
I am seeing a therapist now and I like it. My husband I had to find a way to come together in our grief. It has helped. I also needed help with all my anger and resentment towards people. She specializes in grief and that is really important. Blogging however has been the best therapy for ME. It has been my outlet and by meeting so many wonderful amazing mama's it has kept me sane. I am here for you as we walk this journey together.
After loosing my baby, I started seeing a therapist , and it works for me. As it has been said, it should be somebody you click with and somebody who is a specialist in grief counseling. The wrong therapist, however, can be worse than not seeing one.
It is a very personal choice, but I am glad that I am doing it.
I DID also see a therapist and it WAS helpful. I saw her for about four months after I lost Jonathan. She was a perfect fit and someone who specializes in loss and infertility. She listened and validated everything I was saying. I think a counselor if the right fit can be a great sounding board. Your ob can probably make a recommendation if you are thinking about it.
Post a Comment