Yup. I most definitely do see a rainbow. One faint line, one darker one...and one big PREGNANT. Baby Rainbow on the way. I am not scared or nervous just very very happy and excited!
June 16 2010
I think I have taken 15 pregnancy tests in a matter of 3 days...Im so excited and can't believe I am pregnant. Im scared its gonna go away or something. Plus I like seeing the double lines. Who dosn't.
I know for some of you out there my journey may be hard to go through, and I completely understand. I did not make a separate page r blog for this pregnancy, because I felt that changing this blog into a family blog is the way to go. Cara is and always will be a part of my family. I understand if you can't read on.
So far I have been 100% calm. No freakout moments. I get overwhelmed when I think of things like
"How will we financially survive if I am on bed rest?"
"What if I have to stop working very earyl?"
I know that none of those things can be controlled. Not even myself bringing home a healthy baby can be controlled. So I am just taking everything day by day.
Today I am 3 weeks 4 days pregnant, so today is a good day!
July 17th 2010
Its been 8 months. 8 longs months since she has been gone. The first three I felt for sure that this was hell on earth. The last 4 were not so bad. The last one was great. of course its great, Cara will have a baby brother or sister! SIGH... I miss her.
Tonight we went to dinner with two great friends and their baby boy Wyatt. My friend gave me my first baby gift...a onesie! :) So cute! Normally I would think oh I don't want anything early because I don't wanna jinx it. Well no one can control what is going to happen so I want to enjoy every minute, even if I am only 4 weeks pregnant...im still pregnant.
Last time I was almost 6 weeks when I found out with Cara. This time im still shocked I found out at 3 weeks two days. Must be a strong one in there! No symptoms yet from baby Rainbow I am not even tired. I have a ton of energy and the only thing I feel is every few hours I could eat a house :)
Ok so tonight walking back to our car after dinner there was a live band playing. There is a song (its old) by Shawn Mullins...a lot of you may know the song. Right as we were walking by the chorus came on. "Everything's gonna be alright....Rockabye" AHHH what? How crazy! It was just after my girlfriend gave me my first baby gift too. Strange!!! Here are some of the parts of the song.
And just before she hangs her head to cry,
I sing to her a lullaby
I sing:
Everything's gonna be all right.
Rockabye, rockabye.
Everything's gonna be all right.
Rockabye, rockabye, rockabye.
And all her friends tell her she's so pretty
but she'd be a whole lot prettier if she smiled once in a while.
'Cause even her smile looks like a frown.
She's seen her share of devils in this angel town.
Love signs!!!
JULY 20 2010
This time around I want to remember every detail. My first doctors appointment was today with Doctor L. I get my ultrasound next week and start my lovenox shots next week as well. He did put me on a RX prenatal.
I will be seeing 7 different doctors at my new practice. I don't care if I see 100. Seeing 1 or 100 will not stop preeclampsia from coming. I feel that as long as I am taking it easy at home and work and looking for symptoms...and go in at the first sign on anything...I can do this!
JULY 27 2010
Today was my first ultrasound. The doctors made a mistake its supposed to be tomorrow and they were not sure why they had me scheduled twice, but nonetheless I got an ultrasound today...and a picture. There was a tiny sac and a bean inside. Baby is there! YAY!
Right away my OB sent me over to my high risk which is another hospital located over a half hour away for my Lovenox injections. Lovenox is a blood thinner, that I will be giving myself nightly in the stomach. It is because I have Factor V which means my blood tends to over clot. This will hopefully prevent blood clots in myself as well as in the cord that feeds Baby M! I did do my first injection today. This nurse showed me how. The needle going in...no biggie...hey I have been through worse...but the stinging afterward...owwwiiieeee!!!!
AUGUST 3 2010
Still truckin along over here! I am 6 weeks 3 days! Let the sickness begin. I feel like its super early but right at the end of 5 weeks It began. NOT HORRIBLE...BUT its still there most of the day. Nothing sounds good all I want is bagels and pasta...thats exactly what I wanted last time. However I am forcing fruits and veggies in this time...last time they made me wanna gag.
Its so weird I am saying last time...so hard to believe I was pregnant before for almost 31 weeks...sigh...Well the good news is I did my first 24 hour urine and it was 67.5! YAYYY! Which is good. This 24 hour urine gives me a baseline for how much protein I have in my urine because protein later in pregnancy is a indicator of preclampsia. AND WE DONT want that again! Ill do one again in my second trimester.
AUGUST 7 2010
Holy all day sickness! No throwing up but just all day yucky-ness. Part of me is wondering if it is a girl because I am feeling the exact same way I felt with Cara. I am craving pasta, tomato sauce, bland bad for you carbs...(well I would nto call it craving...its really all I can eat I have food Ad version to everything...blahh.) Then part of me gets nervous because I am starting off this pregnancy feeling the same way as I did last, I hope that is NOT a precursor for things to come!
AUGUST 11 2010
Today was my first 'real' ultrasound! Baby is measuring a week ahead with a strong heartbeat at 171!! I am a firm believer that a higher heartbeat over 160 means girl...if it always stays high...it was right with Cara so we will see :) I am 7 weeks 2 days! Yay BABY keep growing! My BP at this appointment was 120/82 (thats what the nurse got) the doctor got 110/70 which is more my norm. I did dip 1+ which I freaked out a bit for...BUT I JUST completed a 24 hour urine and had basically no protein, so dip sticks to me this time are unreliable if we will be doing a 24 hour urine...I will go off of those results!
10 Weeks
16 Weeks
17 Weeks
20 Weeks
29 weeks!
WATCH MOMMY GROW!
12 Weeks
16 Weeks
20 Weeks
21 Weeks
23 Weeks
23 Weeks
26 Weeks!
30 Weeks!
32 weeks!



























24 comments:
Yea for rainbow babies! So excited to read your happy news.
Congrats, Laura. And best wishes to you and your rainbow baby.
Hi Laura! I'm so glad to be able to follow your progress with your blog. You are such a strong person! Keep taking care of yourself and Baby M!! I hope to see you at Christmas time!!
I am so happy for you!!! I am glad you are feeling well and in good spirits. What a blessing. ((HUGS))
I just came across your blog from another baby loss site. So excited for your rainbow news. Hope and pray all goes perfectly with your new hope. Kappy
Ahhh!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Laura! :) I'm so happy and excited for you! Hoping for good things for you and this rainbow! xo
Congratulatons! Sending you lots of love and prayers for a healthy pregnancy! I do the Lovenox, too---you'll get used to it :) xoxo
Congrats! Glad you aren't anxious and that you've had so many good signs so far! ((hugs))
Oh, congrats Laura! I can't remember if I intorduced myself or not but I found you through Faces of Loss Faces of Hope and have been reading your blog since you submitted your story. I am pregnant too and I've gone through some ups and downs emotionally throughout this pregnancy. Mostly though I am excited and hopeful. I wish you the best on this journey! And I'll be here reading!
Hi Laura,
Just wanted to say congratulations, I'm so happy for you :)
I wish you a long, uneventful and healthy pregnancy.
With very best wishes
Joelle (fellow HELLP survivor in the UK).
Congrats on your rainbow baby!
I loved reading your newest entry! I feel so fortunate to be able to read about your progress!! I am glad everything is going smoothly for you. I love that you have decided to share every step of the way with us all! I am so beyond excited for you & Kyle (and your families as well) I look forward to all the news to come! I will keep you in my prayers!!
congrats!! I am so happy for you.
Oh my gosh! Congrats!! :)
AWWWW ~ so happy for you! Congratulations and Rainbow dreams for you!
Congratulations Laura! Wishing you a long and successful pregnancy. I'm looking forward to following your journey. : D
Congratulations!! That's exciting news!! Here's to a H&H 9 months!
Just catching up on your BIG news!!! CONGRATS!!! :)
Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! I am so excited for you and I love your perspective and outlook. I also love the new look of your blog and that you turned it into a family blog. It looks good! Thank you for sharing your happy news with us. *hugs* and one more time yay!!!
SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Ugh Good ol Lovenox...I had to take it with my Rainbow baby too but the small pain is forgotten as soon as you see your baby boy or girl healthy and screaming! Congrats to you both and prayers heading your way!!
I saw this on FB, but was so excited to see this post. This is wonderful news:)
I am so excited that we will be doing this together!!! Just a week apart!!! I wan to wish you good luck!
I am so excited that we will be doing this together!!! Just a week apart!!! I wan to wish you good luck!
Congratulations on your Rainbow. I pray that the rest of your pregnancy goes well, which I'm sure it will!
Post a Comment