Today was a VERY long day.
Last night I realized that little Carter did not wake me up throughout the night and his movements just seemed slower.
My husband talks in his sleep. Most the time its jibberish, and drives me nuts haha! Last night clear as day right when I am up wondering why Carter seems quiet I hear "Something aint right" First off let me just say AINT is not in Kyle's vocabulary...so I though that was strange, but it got me to thinking. What the hell? Was that a coincidence?
Well morning at 8 am rolled around and I still was not getting those big jabs I am used to. 8:30 is when my OB's office opens and let me just say that could not come fast enough. Here is where the agitation begins. I did not get a hold of them until after 9 am. Really? I mean come on!
I spoke with the nurse who knows me and my chart/ "History" and she said ..."so would coming in to have a heart beat check help?" Hell no. That question can't be serious. A heart beat means nothing to me. When I had my emergency appointment with Cara...it was a heartbeat check...she had a heartbeat. Less than two weeks later she was dead. So really that shit means nothing. I want a test an ultrasound, something more.
I arrived at the OB office, at 10:35 for my 10:45 appointment. (Let me just add this in...as I am walking in some "chick" is on the phone and she says" Ugh no I am not going to be home soon, they are sending me to the hospital because my blood pressure is high" Of course she was annoyed when she said this. I wanted to stop her and say excuse me but my baby died because NO ONE sent me to a hospital! Be glad your being looked after moron.) Nurse took me back. Urine good! Blood pressure surprisingly good! (I have been very calm about these things because I realize freaking out does nothing) well 45 minutues...YUP 45 minutes later, the PA comes in.
Ok so let me explain my feelings on a physician assistant, as much as I can without saying too much that I am not "allowed" to say for various reasons. I am not fond of them. Cara is not here, because of bad care. You get the drift...There is a REASON there are doctors and a reason there are PAs. While I am sure some are great, some suck. Simple as that.
This PA was fantastic, very reassuring! Told me she would do an ultrasound, told me to call or come in anytime. We had a ultrasound and heartbeat check and all was good. She explained some days baby's have active days...other days are not so active. Im just so used to Carters major kicks that I get worried if I do not feel them as much and with what I have been through, understandable.
Now here is where I back track to the 45 minutes of waiting. I LOVE my OB and his practice. HOWEVER to keep someone that is worried if their baby is "ok" waiting for 45 minutes...really? Seriously? I know they fit me in but thank god they took my BP before, because if they did after it would have been through the roof I am sure.
I am thankful everything is good. Not a fan of scares and VERY glad I did not have to go to L&D! Im just not ready for that yet. I know I will eventually have to end up there to meet Carter, but I am only 27 weeks...Maybe after 32 we can talk...but not now.
So after my OB apt, I went straight to work, after I grabbed something to eat for the first time all day. Was non stop busy, and finally am home blogging now, its after 9pm. VERY long day!
P.S. Did I mention I failed my 1 hour glucose(only by ten points!)...boo. That stuff made me so sick! I am not looking forward to a 3 hour one!
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









8 comments:
Oh sweetie I am so very sorry that you had this scare today! Glad you were so adamant about getting in and getting answers! I agree that making a patient who has a concern wait 45 minutes is totally unacceptable!! I am glad you have done so much research because you truly do have total control over what you want & expect in this pregnancy! Proud of you for staying as calm as possible during this high stress situation. So thrilled you & baby Carter are doing well! I'll continue to keep you both in my prayers!!
What a scare! I got that sick feeling on the pit of my stomach while reading this. I am so sorry you had this scare and that you had to wait SO long! It just makes me realize to that when we get pregnant with our rainbow, God willing, how scaring it is going to be. I mean, after losing a child or children our innocence is taken away. Makes me sad that from now on it will be hard to 100% enjoy a pregnancy but a healthy (living) baby at the end is the goal. ((hugs)) Sending LOTS of prayers your way. ♥
I'm so sorry for that scare and the long wait to make sure everything was okay! That must have been so stressful. I'm glad Carter is fine and that you met with a great PA. Hoping for an uneventful next 10 weeks until your little man makes his entrance ((hugs))
I'm so glad to hear that everything looks good... Scares suck!
This baby goes through days where she doesn't stop moving...then she'll have a quiet day. I asked my OB yesterday about it and he said "don't try and do any kick counts until at least 28 weeks, you'll just drive yourself crazy". But it is hard not to. I just try and tell myself that she's having a nap.. and/or she still has quite a bit of room in there.
Good for you for putting your foot down!! You're right.. heartbeat checks are not enough! I'm convinced that if they had looked at Kheri the night before she died with an ultrasound, she might be here today...
Oh I'm sorry for your scare! I hate those and with our history, the scares are more terrifying than ever! I absolutely hate waiting and I think it's crazy to make someone wait long if they are worried about something. I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to go to L & D because sometimes it's just ridiculous. So glad everything is well, hang in there!
Laura,
Just keep going if you feel scared, you have to after what you've been through, you have to do what you need to do. I was in your exact same situation a little over a year ago. I was pregnant w/ my second child after losing my first child because of hellp and pree. I'm following your blog and praying for you. Sending you lots of love.
when I was pregnant with our rainbow. I was scared all the time. It is normal to be scared. I have had a few scares with this pregnancy too and my ob is understandable about why I have so many questions. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am taking my 3rd 3 hours glucose test in 2 weeks for this pregnancy and I have passes everyone. I hope you pass but if you don't you are close to the end so it will be easy
oh Laura, I am So sorry about this scare you had. I am so glad that everything turned out to be okay! I had many of those scares where I just didnt feel Sadie alot and I was slwayss in the ob triagem very scary! But you are doing AMAZING, no hospital visits HORRAY! lets keep it going until d-time! (ive been meaning to read this post since new years eve but I got sidetracked!) Carter, no more scaring your mommy and daddy please! :)
Post a Comment