I'm a mother to a beautiful angel in heaven, as well as our Earth baby Carter. My life has been filled with nothing but happiness and laughter, however I also know ultimate sadness. I continue to try to live my life to the fullest, and enjoy making people laugh along the way. You never know when your life will change forever. Mine changed November 16, 2009, when we learned our daughters heart was no longer beating. Cara was born November 17th 2009. She was 2 lbs 11oz 16 in. Preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome took her from us. I now strive to help promote Preeclampsia and HELLP Syndrome awareness. I also strive to help others who have lost a child. Its something no one can prepare you for, Its something that will forever be with you. We are happy to announce that our son Carter Allen was born March 5 2011 at 36 weeks 4 days weighing 7lbs 7oz. Carter brings such happiness and hope to our lives.
"If you know someone who has lost a child, and you're afraid to mention
them because you think you might make them sad by reminding them that
they died--you're not reminding them. They didn't forget they died. What
you're reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived, and ...that is a great gift."
~ Elizabeth Edwards July 3, 1949 – December 7,
2010
I dont think anyone could have said this better. You are NEVER reminding us. We always, every minute of every day are reminded...and yet I would not even call it necessarily reminded...we chose to remember them every day. If you bring up our child, it makes us happy, that people are choosing to help remember. If you bring up questions about how they passed, or how we/you felt...many dont realize it but its therapy for us to speak about our tragedy.
Put it this way if a parent or spouse died...and no one talked about it or them...how would that make you feel? I bet a little crazy huh? Thats why there is this whole world of BLM's out there. We all help each other. I have 144 followers on my blog. I know not all may read every post or comment, but they dont have to. Just like I do not comment much but I pretty much follow everyone's story. Just to know that I am not alone, that others are going through the same emotions.
Its the people that cants say or do things with us or for us because "its too hard" NO shit...try walking in my shoes. It sucks.
I have really come to terms with it. Lets face it nothing (now) will change the fact she died, what is done can't be undone, so I have to work with what I have. Her memory lives on through the Preeclampsia foundation and the BLM community. I am at peace knowing that I may never get that chance to have a daughter. In my heart I have one forever, she is never going to grow up and hate me, never going to leave me and get married, she will always be right where I left her, and just as I remembered her.
Just because I have come to terms with my loss, I seem happy and I am pregnant again, does not mean I forgot. No one else should either. Remember their stories, talk about them, or ask questions, it helps keep them alive within us.
I really like this blog post! I thank you for helping those of us who haven't experienced what you have, understand how & what we can do and say to remember your loved ones. XxOo I know personally I will forever remember precious Cara as she shares a birthday with my precious daughter Alexis!!
I have been reading through your blog. I delivered my son at 29 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and he is perfect and healthy at 3 years old. This summer I delivered my twin girls due to severe preeclampsia and sadly they did not make it out of the NICU. I'm sorry about your Cara. She is beautiful. And I'm glad to see everything is going well with Carter. This was a great post-you said it all.
This is a great post and so true!! Its almost like everyone has forgotten about Jonathan now that Joshua is here. *hugs* Its so hard. Thinking of Cara!!
7 comments:
I really like this blog post! I thank you for helping those of us who haven't experienced what you have, understand how & what we can do and say to remember your loved ones. XxOo I know personally I will forever remember precious Cara as she shares a birthday with my precious daughter Alexis!!
xo Cara ox
Perfect quote. :)
I totally agree with everything else, also.
This is beautiful. Thank you.
I Love this post ..thank you, from one babyloss mom to another...
I have been reading through your blog. I delivered my son at 29 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and he is perfect and healthy at 3 years old. This summer I delivered my twin girls due to severe preeclampsia and sadly they did not make it out of the NICU. I'm sorry about your Cara. She is beautiful. And I'm glad to see everything is going well with Carter. This was a great post-you said it all.
This is a great post and so true!! Its almost like everyone has forgotten about Jonathan now that Joshua is here. *hugs* Its so hard. Thinking of Cara!!
Post a Comment