Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Arthur's surgery & More life events

Poor Arthur! Arthur had surgery on Valentines day, due to a luxating patella. Its where his knee dislocates, and is common in chihuahuas.

It did bring some anxiety for me because last time I did surgery on my chi, I had to put him to sleep. However Arthur is doing fantastic and if I let him he would run everywhere!

Update on my Pappy: He is home, but not well. Its a constant battle. No one seems to know what is wrong. He is on 20! YES 20! Medications. He has no desire to eat, and they are wanting to put him back in the hospital. Its so sad as I watch this. I want to be of more help, I want to be there to take care of him and I just want him to be ok. My family is struggling with his care, he needs so much help. I thought the road to recovery was near, I was wrong. I know it is a part of getting old, but I hate to see people helpless, with no answers. Thats the worst, and not to mention 20 medications? That alone would make me feel crazy. I am no doctor but that does seem absurd. I want him to be better for when Carter comes so he can share in the happiness of being a first time Great Grandfather. I know thats selfish, but can life ever just be normal?

On to whats going on with me. I am 34 weeks! Having some contractions, but nothing serious. Baby moves like a crazy man. I have noticed some swelling in my hands especially my right one when I wake up. BUT no swelling in face or feet, blood pressure is BEYOND fantastic, so it does not give me a reason to worry too much. I know some people freak out when they hear me say swelling, but I have not one other symptom, plus a reminder that swelling can also be NORMAL in pregnancy. So staying calm is the best for me at this moment. I am super tired and wondering why I decided to work until March 5? Ill get through it and my boss is great knowing that I may not always be there.

I meet with a pediatrician Monday.
The nursery furnatuire should be here Tuesday! (YESSSSSS)
Next week I am seen twice a week, and the week after that three times! WOO HOO!

March 10th here I come. Please Carter get those lungs mature!!

6 comments:

Lisette said...

Glad that Arthur is doing well.
Sorry about your Pappy, praying for him. I know it is not easy seeing him go through so much.
34 weeks!! That is so great. I can't wait for Carter's safe arrival.

Abigail said...

Good to hear that Arthur is doing well after his surgery!! I know you love your furry babies and know that you will help nurse him to a full recovery!!
I am glad that Pappy is back home, hopefully being around all of you will help bring up his spirits!! 20 different medications is beyond crazy!! I hope he does get well so he can be a part of the joyous occasion of welcoming Carter home!
Yay for 34 weeks Laura!! I am glad to hear that everything is looking good, and you are absolutely right about swelling being "normal" in pregnancy! 3 weeks will be here before we know it!! Hope Carter keeps growing like he has been and that his lungs are fully developed!!

Jill said...

Love this post! Well, the part on how AWESOME you are doing, so so happy. I got chills reading this, you are down to the wire girl! You are so doing it and WILL be coming home with a sweet baby boy Carter, I know angel and sister Cara is watching to make sure of it.

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear your grandfather isnt doing well :( . That breaks my heart to read. I pray his meds will work and he can get off of them, 20 is sure a heck load of meds :*(. Bless him and I hope he can recover soon. Its not easy Laura!

I am glad sweet Arthur is doing okay, and surgery went well! I hope there are no more issues with that little guy, he is too darn cute!

TanaLee Davis said...

laura,
I am so happy to hear things are going well for you in this pregnancy. I am again so sorry about your pappy.
That must really be a difficult situation for obvious reasons. I'll be thinking of you.
~Felicia

Angie said...

I'm glad Arthur is doing well! I'm surprised they didn't bandage his knee, Rogue had to be in a bandage for either 1 full week or 2. She hated it.

I'm sorry your grandfather is still struggling. I'll pray he is better soon.

I agree, don't worry about the swelling until you have another real reason to worry, but swelling alone may not mean anything, and even if it is the start of trouble (hopefully not!) you are so far along and they are watching you so closely, I'm sure it will be okay this time. (I know that's annoying when people say things like that because they don't really know it will be okay, but really, think of how much closer you are being watched..and it's not the swelling alone that really causes problems, it's high blood pressure/spilling protein/whatever.)

Jamie said...

That's awesome! I will be praying for your pappy. Hope things continue to go well. :-)