Wow. Its really around the corner. I feel like I am preparing for someone else's life. This is so surreal to me. That next Friday I will be holding Carter man in my arms.
Kyle and I are so blessed. Well forever broken, but blessed. Our family will never be complete without her of course.
Carter's room is finally almost done. We are awaiting a rug, some wall ledges and a nightstand.
I will of course post more pictures when everything else arrives. I am thrilled I am at 36 weeks, and only having labile pressures...could be worse right?
My Braxton Hicks, have been quite strong lately. Last night had me up for two hours, I almost thought I was going to have to wake the hubby to take me to L&D however I feel asleep counting contractions, so they could not have been that bad.
I am nervous. Not for delivery, but im nervous about Preeclampsia. Not only did I have it before delivery last time, I developed it even worse after delivery last time. You can get Post Pardum Preeclampsia/HELLP up to 6 weeks after delivery. So the fact that I am not in the clear for 6 weeks worries me.
I also will have to worry about Carter for the rest of my life. I hope I am not one of those moms who watches her son sleep, checks his breathing every two minutes etc...sigh...No one said it would be easy...just worth it right?












17 comments:
36 weeks!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!
And I love his room!
I'm totally getting one of those breathing monitors! Being in the loss community, I've heard too many stories of SIDS and I know will sleep much better having a monitor (or multiple monitors- ha!) to wake me up.
Yes, you are SO SO SO very close Laura, it is truely happening for you and I FOR ONE COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER FOR YOU. You are the best mama, and will continue for Carter! Your two babies are so very lucky to have you, I can honestly say that. And yes, just like I am 23 years old, the worrying never stops from a parent. My mom worries about he and my siblings sometimes, thats the joy of being a parent :). I cannot wait to meet this little guy and for sure one day soon in person. You look BEAUTIFUl Laura, never stopped! CONGRATS again on 36 weeks!!
Just seeing '36 weeks' as your title brought tears to my eyes! I can't believe how close you are. So so true about your family never being complete. Sometimes where I am now it's discouraging to think about the future and know that is what it always holds. I'm so happy to see the joy you are experiencing with Carter. I hope the rest of your pregnancy, delivery and once you get home continue to go smoothly and uneventful!
The crib is beautiful! SO what if you worry, isn't that what moms are supposed to do. I am so happy for you both
You look amazing Laura! I can't beleive it has been 36 weeks!!! I went into labor with Lou at 36+3.... just saying ;p
Forever broken, but blessed. I like that - I think it sums us nicely what we have been through.
I did get post partum PE worse with Lou, but I insisted in the hospital for my BP to be monitored more closely - and I know you will too.
So close :) Can't wait to see pictures of little carter!
YOU LOOK Beautiful!!! ya'll both do, lol! I love the pics of the room too, especially the teddy bears ;) Congrats...its so close now! I've read all of your posts from before you got pregnant with Carter, and I feel like I know you somehow, just by reading all of your posts! I'll be praying for you! Congrats again! <3
I am so excited for you guys! His arrival is sooo close :) I'm sure Cara will be watching over you during the delivery, and afterwards...just like she always is.
I am so excited for you!! :) He will be in your arms before you know it. My blood pressure spiked after we had Joshua so I was worried about pre-eclampsia after the fact, but after running some tests I was in the clear. It was just due to stress. I can't wait to meet Carter online :)
Love the pic of you & Kyle!! Baby Carter's room looks so wonderful...you guys did good. I seriously cannot believe Carter will be here next week!!!! Wow!! I had no idea that you could still get PE & HELLP after delivery...I will pray it doesn't affect you. I am so super excited for you all!!!!!
36 weeks?!!!! That's awesome!!
CONGRATS to you guys!!!!!!!
;-)
I don't think I've commented for some time on our blog but I do follow it.
SO glad to hear you're at 36 weeks, and so excited that next week Carter will be on the outside. :)
Thinking of you.
This post just makes me smile for you guys. Can't wait to see the little man. Congrats!
~Felicia
Can't wait to see his pictures and love you both share for him. His room looks great.
My son is 3 and I still watch him sleep! You will catch yourself doing the same because they are just so darn amazing. You are a wonderful mommy.
Wow, 36 weeks! You look great! It has been wonderful following the milestones in this pregnancy and you truly give hope to other mama's who are are scared to be pregnant again! Thanks from a fellow HELLP mama! As always, you are an inspiration!
So excited for you! Carter's room is so cute!
That is a great picture of you and Kyle, you look so happy. Hang in there, you are almost there!
This is such an exciting time!! After you have him you will barely remember life without him. You deserve such happiness and he will bring it!
What you said is so poignant. "I feel like I am preparing for someone else's life"-- I bet that's how I'll feel once I'm pregnant again.
Very exciting to be almost there and almost ready to bring home your baby! :)
Post a Comment