Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, March 3, 2011

One week left

So far I am 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant.

Gained 32 lbs so far. Which I am happy about! I thought I would be humongous, my nose and face would swell etc. I have been eating everything and anything I want (In moderation of course...kinda...) Im really not that big and don't mind gaining 30 plus pounds.

After this is all said and done its back to low carb low cholesterol diet. I have very high hereditary cholesterol and will be monitored for that after delivery, that my Vit D, anemia...sigh...never ends huh? 

My blood pressures have been up and down, leading me to two hospital visits, and I am hoping for no more until my amnio! Carter is 6 lbs 10 oz!! 74th percentile! So still a big boy.

I have to say that I truly love being pregnant and I know this may sound crazy, but I will do this again, and I can't wait. (of course I am not thrilled about the morning sickness for the first 16 weeks but hey its the price we pay being women right?)

I am scheduled for my amnio on March 10th, providing that Carters lungs are mature I will be admitted for cervix ripening and induction the next morning.

I am only 1 cm dilated.

I have to say I am nervous. With Cara I did not feel like I needed an epidural, now I realize that due to how sick and how many medications I was on, is why I did not feel much pain. Now I am a bit nervous about labor. A misconception people have that drives me INSANE is that people assume since your baby was small and not full term your labor was different. ALL LABOR IS THE SAME. I REPEAT ALL LABOR IS THE SAME! I went through 26 hours of it. I did want to try to do this without epidural but I am just not sure I can. Last time I had the epidural I had a horrible itching reaction. Im praying that will not happen this time.

13 comments:

Abigail said...

Yay for 36 weeks!!!! I cannot believe Carter will be here next week. How exciting! I cannot wait to meet him! I can honestly say you don't look like you have gained 30+ pounds!! I know you will have no problem getting back to your weight after delivering him because you are a very determined person! I think everyone worries about the labor part, but after what you have gone through maybe even more so. I know with my 3 previous deliveries I was just fine no worries and no epidural. This time around I was a nervous wreck and it caused Nahlos to have his little heart rate drop w/ every contraction. I had no choice but to get an epidural. I was not very happy about that. You do what you have to do though! Go into it with an open mind. Maybe try to see if you can do it without pain management and if you cannot then get some pain relief. You are going to do great!!!

Supposed to be... "Mama G"... said...

Oh I'm so excited for you..and eagerly waiting the news of Carter's safe arrival!

I had the itching reaction to the epidural myself...but I know I want to have it again (if I can). I hope to go as far as I can without the epidural, but I know me and pain..and I don't want to get too far either. I know you'll take it moment by moment and do what you need to do. Pain relief in Labour is a personal choice, and no two people experience labour the same way. I know you'll do great! :)

Angie said...

I wonder if the spinal has a different medicine inserted and might be better for you? I really don't know though, I always get confused between the two and my OB said that most women actually get "spinals" these days but just call them epidurals. But I don't know any of it, just something you might want to ask about to have another option. One week! I can't wait!

TanaLee Davis said...

Your looking fantastic will baby carter growing like a weed. Laura, I am so happy you have made it this far. I look forward to next week for you and I'll have you in my thoughts as you reach the finish line happy and ready to birth #2! You've done a great job.
~Felicia

Lisette said...

You look great! Almost here, I can't believe it. I am so excited for you. Labor is scary but this time hopefully you will be way more in control of your body and what it needs. Praying for a smooth delivery of Carter. Take it easy this week and enjoy those sweer baby kicks. Hopefully he will make his own arrival before that.

The Kimlers said...

Good Luck Laura and Carter!!! I wish you guys both the best!!! Hopefully your sister in law Katie will post about his BIG arrival!!! I'll keep you and your growing family in my prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

You look awesome!! It won't be long now...hoping all goes well with the amnio.

carole kozlowski said...

You just doing great.Hope all goes well til the 10th.6 days left.So excited for you.
I was induced to give birth to Tomasz and it lasted only 6hrs.I wasn't given any pain medication or anything.They told me it's better for you anyway without anything.It did hurts but Tomasz was small and was born in space of 10 min.I'm sure you'll be fine.thinking of you .Take good care.

Jennie Exposito said...

You look great! It's hard to believe that you were 2 weeks ahead of me and now your a week away from meeting your little Carter!! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy.:)

The Kimlers said...

Your SIL just posted, YAY for Carter on his way!!! Good Luck Laura!! I am so happy for you two and getting your rainbow baby. Cara watch over them they need you!!!:) WOOHOO

Amy von Oven said...

I just found your blog...My daughter was stillborn at 37 weeks on May 9th 2009. I am so sorry for what you have been through, but I am so happy for this new life you have been given.

grammie09 said...

God bless you and Baby Carter. Praying that everything goes well with your delivery. I had an Epidural and I thank God I was able to have it. It makes the labor and delivery so much better. Good Luck!!!

Jill said...

Cannot wait for your blog post about his special day! LOVE YOU LAURA and congrats!!!!!! He is beautiful!