We were so upset to learn today that Carter failed his car seat test again! After 40 minutes he had a dip in his O2 levels, down to 80%, all he needed was another 20 minutes to pass. Since he did not horribly fail, and everything else is great, we were so surprised when they decided to discharge him!!! YAAAAAY! The NICU doctor said that car seat tests are non conclusive. He wants us to when driving have someone watch him in the backseat until he is closer to term. No swings or bouncy seats until closer to term as well. Doc said we could put him in there but just to watch him. I am just going to avoid it all together, until I am told otherwise.
I am excited for his Peds appointment friday! Carter is a bit jaundice, but nothing they would treat. I feel very prepared for Carter, and I feel very good about taking care of him! Its that natural instinct.
I still have some anxiety over him being in the NICU and now home. All of you who have or had children in the NICU, my heart goes out to you all. How did you get rid of the anxiety once bringing him home? NICU or not, how do you not constantly worry? Ugh! Thank GOD for zoloft. I may need something in conjunction to this for a bit. I am going to talk to my doctor. We will see how it goes. Sometimes my anxiety is high, other times it is ok. I think the fact that I still have to watch for PE does not help.
So happy to have our little man home with us!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










20 comments:
Hooray!! So Glad he is home. When my little one came home from the NICU I did not sleep for like 3 days until I went to babies r us and got an angel care monitor to make sure he was breathing all the time. He is 2 now and we still use it.
You are an amazing mom already!
Trust your gut. =0)
Yay, exciting! This is how it was with our little guy too. No swing or bouncy seats. I still ride in the back seat with him and he is 8 weeks old today!
Woohoo! Welcome home Carter!
Congratulations.
I think we were a basket of nerves here when Lil Ms. Iz came home after only 9 days in the NICU and still only weighing 3 lbs. 12 oz. and still over 8 weeks early. It took some time to relax and settle into it all.
I'm sure you guys will do great. Enjoy this moment. Take time to just sit and breathe it all in.
So happy for you guys!
Teri
Fantastic news... welcome home to you gorgeous little one :) xoxo
I'm so happy he's home. And he is so cute!! Enjoy every second, they grow way too fast!
I'm off the zoloft now but have jokingly told huby I may need the shrink to meet me after deliver and give me an injection.
I think you'd be watching him closely regardless since you're not going to want to take your eyes off him.
We are SO glad to hear that Carter made it home yesterday! I think the anxiety is normal, and to be expected. I don't think I will sleep for at least a week or two after "bump" comes home! It is purely instinct, and I know you'll trust them.
Welcome home Carter!!
He is so precious! Congrats!!:-)
So glad you here your little boy is home.
I'm so happy that you got to bring your little man home. Enjoy every second! :)
Im so glad hes home safe and sound. What a sweet baby! You guys so deserve him in your arms. Much love!
what wonderful news. I am so happy for you all!
Very excited for you & the family that little Carter was able to come home so quickly! It is very stressful whether your child is in the NICU or not. The worrying is there, for awhile. Slowly but surely it will subside. Enjoy your little guy. They truly grow too quickly!! Congrats again on having him & being able to start your new journey!!! XxOo
Welcome home, little dude!!
xo
SO happy he is home with you guys Laura. I am so looking forward to watching him grow from afar and getting daily updates and posts about him! You are already a wonderful mom, I can see it. Carter and Cara are both lucky to have you as their mommy, always.
Well as you know, Naomi never came home from the NICU :(. But with Sadie, spending 1 day, for observation, and she was then in my room with me. I thought, oh boy, now I am all on my own. Nurses were there to check up on me and my stats but that was about it. I thought, this is it, this is REAL now. I sort of freaked when bringing her home, even tho I had family around, but I did it and do it all on my own. I love it. And yes like I told you, I didn't sleep much reguarding my worrying for her, but with a newborn, sleep is pretty much out of the vocabulary, unless its with them. Speaking of sleep, miss Sadie is now awake! Gotta go run * get her! But I am so happy he is home and do whatever you neeed to do, angel care monitor or whichever, you will get into the swing of things, Sadie being almost 6 months, I still worry, as I am 23 years old, my mom still has her worrying times, as parents, worrying never stops, thats what I learned yet we learn all lots of things! Enjoy this road mama!
So happy he is home with you. Being a parent the anxiety never goes away to be honest but I wouldn't trade it for the world. You will continue to be a great mom. ((HUGS))
He is very cute. Glad you are home :)
The anxiety is rough, even as a non-NICU (first time) mom. I kept Parker in bed with us for a while, then moved her to her crib but still in our room. After 6 months I felt more at ease with our routine and her health/safety and all that.
I would definitely recommend an Angel Care monitor for piece of mind. Make sure your crib mattress isn't too soft and fits snugly against the sides of the crib (and of course check for recalls!)
Congrats again!! <3
Hi Cara!
I have tears in my eyes. Great that he is going home. Wishing you the best.
Mariana.
I was checking in to see how pregnancy was going (as i randomly do) and to my surprise you had your bundle of joy! I am so glad to hear everything went well :-) Congrats to you and your family!
Best Wishes
*Clinique*
Madison Savannah's Mom
I came across your blog and have been very touched by your story and willingness to share with the world. I too suffered from Pre-E and Hellp, as a result my son was a 30week preemie who spent two months in the NICU. I was hospitalized for two weeks and all the doctors and nurses thought I wouldn't make it. I understand your nervousness with the car seat and O2 levels. I was as well. I found that even through being nervous and scared and unsure, that our motherly instincts really do take over-it's almost like you are on autopilot. It's been a long,scary road, but my son is thriving now at 17months(although on the small side for his age) Your son is beautiful and will get stronger, the love you and his father have for him will do wonders. Thank you for sharing, congratulations on your son, and I wish you the best.
Post a Comment