Carters first pediatrician appointment was today. He was born at 7 lbs 7oz, and is now 7lbs 2oz. Everything is great! I asked if we could repeat his car seat test so he can pass and put my mind at ease, so we will be doing that sometime next week.
On our way home I decided spur of the moment I wanted to bring him to see Cara. I do not think I was aware of the emotional stuff that would come with that visit. Its different now that I have a living child. You imagine that child in the ground and its heart wrenching, but then im looking at her grave site and I know she is down there. She should be here. My husband and I cried together. It hit me I have two children. I cant believe Carter is here safely in my arms and at the same time I cant believe Cara is not. It just never gets easier. Sometimes I wonder what I ever did to deserve such a thing in life, but then I remind myself that God never gives you more than you can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
Every time I see a BLM do this very thing...introduce their rainbow(s) to the grave sight it breaks my heart. I am so sorry that you are learning yet another new thing to hurt over. I can't even imagine.
Carter is so big already! I'm glad he's doing good...Gimme more pictures to see...I love um!
hugs mama,
~Felicia
I cannot even fathom all the overwhelming emotions you had going through your head & heart at that moment. ::hugs::
This breaks my heart.
Hugs honey....it is surprising when it sneaks up you that "hey this still happened". I am happy carter is beautiful and doing well! I am also so happy you avoided the car bed!
Post a Comment