Yup. Thats what they call you Mr. Carter!
As you know his echo came back normal. Diaphragm ultrasound...normal. They decided against a floroscopy because his chest Xray was normal.
Kyle and I both have noticed less of the rapid breathing, he still has it but it does not seem to be as bad. He is now back up to his birth weight! His oxygen levels stay in the mid 90's most of the time. When they dip they can go all the way to 86, but come right back up. That is the part I dislike and still question why the drop. He still has a higher heart rate, but he always has, and hey I have tachycardia (High heart rate) So why wouldn't my son ;)
There is still some talk that since I was on a SSRI in pregnancy (Zoloft) that it could be withdraws.
Doctor said tonight that we need to feel comfortable taking him home, because I asked what our plan of action is now that they can't find anything. I dont know what would make me feel comfortable? I am going to ask that we repeat his car seat test. Its hard to feel comfortable when they are basically telling me that yes he is breathing hard from time to time and his O2 levels drop but they dont know why. I guess I feel a bit better knowing it is NOT his heart.
I need to be careful what I wish for the in the furture...that or I need to start wishing for millions. I always said through this pregnancy, I would rather have my son in the NICU for a few weeks, that I just wanted him here safe before I got Preeclampsia (Since I was having some higher pressures). With that being said I really retract that statement. The NICU is harder than I could have imagined. Its two steps forward and one step back, its scary. You find yourself watching the monitors go up and down and wonder what every little beep means. Plus not to mention you never know when your child will come home. There never seems to be a direct answer. Its just scary...plain scary!
Monday, March 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
I am glad to hear that his tests are coming back "normal". I would be a little nervous to take him too if there will still dips, but I feel confident saying that if the doctors had any worries or reservations of his health they would not be saying he could go home. I think repeating the car seat test is a good idea. I hope everything continues to go smoothly so you can all go home & really start enjoying your baby boy! I haves gone to visit my girlfriends babies in the NICU and that was hard....I cannot imagine having my own baby in there. You both are doing great. Hang in there babe
Thanks for the update Laura. I am glad as well that it is not his heart. It has got to be so frustrating knowing all of his tests are coming back normal and nothing is being much said why his breathing is the way it is. But now reading this, I strongly think it will disappear soon enough just as Sadie's problem did early on, his will too!
And yes, the NICU is a horrible experience, well in my eyes. I was so worried I would end up back in there with Sadie, luckily, I didnt have to see her in there, and she was released to me the next day. Knowing my sweet Naomi never came home from the NICU breaks my heart, yet I know she is where no harm can ever be done to her. She is at peace.
I hope you will be able to bring Carter home tonight, and I am sure within a few days if not a week or two it shall disappear! Love you and always thinking of you, ALWAYS
I didn't want to say anything and risk upsetting you but my first thought was the zoloft. That is one of the side effects I was warned against that could happen. At least if it is that you know it's short term and he will be perfectly healthy once it's out of his system.
Glad to hear he is doing well on his tests. He is so cute!
Post a Comment