Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 11, 2011

Why them? Why us?

Today that is what is running through my head. 

A very good friend of mine (who I have met through a loss group I used to attend) is going through something unimaginable.

She has a son who is 4, and a daughter Brenna in heaven. Brenna suffered from a cord accident at 38 weeks. She was such a healthy baby, other than her breath was taken away. After she lost her daughter, she went on to have a miscarriage. After her miscarrage she found out she was pregnant again. They were overjoyed to learn it was another girl. Her daughter was born at 38 weeks, at 5lbs 2oz. She is still around the same weight and almost 2 months old. Her daughter spent a month in the NICU before being able to come home on oxygen.

Today I learned that they were being transferred to a bigger hospital. Her daughter will have to undergo skull surgery as she was born with her skull fused. Her brain is not telling her body to breathe properally and she could possibly be on a ventilator for life, or oxygen for life or a trach for life. When I learned of this I cried, we cried together. What do you say? There is nothing left to say. I could give her all the money in the world, would not matter. What will happen and what is happening to her baby is all unknown. No answers. How do you deal with that? The hospital they are at is in the city...over an hour away from her home. I got her a 50$ gas card today, and told her I will drive her down there, pick up her son from school, hell he can stay with us I DONT CARE. I am here for her in any way shape or form.

All I could tell her was that I would be here and never leave, and that no matter what happened to her daughter, she would always be beautiful, loved and a gift from above. God never gives us more than we can handle, but in circumstances like this you just wonder.


I dont know what to do or say. I would like to set up a online fund so people can donate to her and her family as they have suffered enough. If anyone knows how I could go about doing so, please email me L412Angel at AOL.

I cant be happy at the moment. I am so very angry. She and her husband are good people. They do good things. Why would this happen? Why do these things happen? To them? To people like us? WHY?!

Please I ask you keep baby L in your prayers. I have not released names of this friend and her family because it is not my place to expose that, although I want to blog so hopefully I can help do more. If anyone has any suggestions please send them over.

Please pray.

6 comments:

Abigail said...

I think it is excellent! You are such an amazing person & friend. What you are doing for them is wonderful! I will try and figure out ways to try and help too. I cannot believe this is happening. My heart goes out to them. You are doing all you can do for them right now, they know you are there for them and that in itself is very helpful! Hang in there babe!! Prayers for them

TanaLee Davis said...

I heart goes out to your friend and her family. I do know how you can set up a fun. Go to your local bank and speak with Bank Manager. Tell them what you want to do and they will set everything up. You can do advertising if the family is in agreement... like put plastic jars in grocery stores for the public to donate ect. Hope this helps.
~Felicia

Danae said...

Your friend, her family, and her precious baby are in my thoughts and prayers!

Natasha said...

Praying for your friend and baby L.....life is so very unfair sometimes. My heart goes out to them. You are so amazing for doing all you can to help them.

Supposed to be... "Mama G"... said...

Our thoughts are with them. You are doing all you can do, and that is what she needs. My best friend and I were talking about the "fairness" of sick or dead babies last night. Unfortunately, there is not rhyme or reason for any of it, and most often, the bad things really do happen to good people. :(

B. Wilson @ Windy {City} Wilsons said...

Praying.

Also... wondering what hospital you delivered your son at? I saw Cara's pictures through your archives and saw you had a Naperville blanket on? We live about 3 mi. from Edward in downtown Naperville-- where we delivered Andrew and will deliver future children.

So sad to hear about your friend. My gosh. There's just only so much sadness one family should have to endure. :(