Being a mom is so rewarding. I watch my son change every day and he already looks bigger to me! Part of me wants to fast forward to when he can sleep through the night or when he is around 1 so the risk of sids drops, but then I am sure more worries will arise.
I am exclusively pumping for him, as his prematurity has made it hard to breastfeed, because he just falls asleep, plus I like to see how much he is actually getting. Carter goes about 2.5-3 hours and has about 3 oz...at night we supplement with forumla because there is no way I would get up Pump for a half hour before his feedings, I would never sleep. Speaking of sleep, Carter really did well the first two weeks. Going on this third has been tough, he does not want to fall asleep before 1 am. I am constantly up with him and I actually fell asleep over the bassinet. Sigh...sleep deprivation has a new meaning...thats for sure. I wonder if he has colic? Or refulx? Either way I will take any suggestions anyone has! I did purchase the book Happiest Mom on the Block, as well as Gripe water! Hopefully that provides us with some relief.
I dont dread leaving him like most mom's say that do. I have already gone to get my nails done, grocery shopping etc. I do dread going back to work, only because I get anxiety about sleep. What if I dont get any sleep at all? How will I function? How will I make it? I am only going back three days a week, and am so excited to do so, but the sleep thing has me anxious. I have dealt with sleep problems in my past, so it conjures up some old issues. My Aunt will be watching him one day a week, and I am so blessed to have such amazing family. I would trust her with anything!! I leave him right now only with my parents or brother. My brother has really surprised me on how much he wants to be involved with Carter. We have decided to make him the godfather of Carter as well! As for the godmother we are still up in the air. We really want to choose someone who can be at all his functionings, etc. I think either way...whoever we choose will hurt someone's feelings.
I have a lot on my mind lately too. Wer are trying so hard to save for a down payment on a home and were half way there and now getting slammed with medical bills. Just food for thought...Carters one week NICU stay was over 35,000$!!!! That is what we would owe if we did NOT have insurance, but still I dread seeing the final bill! The past two years have been very tough on my husband's and I's finances. With the bills from losing Cara, and with how sick I was, and all my medical care 3 months after delivery, it would have been nice to have a normal delivery free of NICU, but all that matters is that I have my son here and he is healthy. This too shall pass. It just may be another full year until we can actually afford a home. SIGH...
When I think of all of this I tell myself worrying is like a rocking chair...gets you nowhere...
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












9 comments:
I am happy as pie for you!
I am sorry about the medical bills, believe me when I say that I would be drowning in med bills if it weren't for my medical insurance. TanaLee was in two different NICU's, one out of state, charging taxes (oregon doesn't have taxes)...for a total of seven months and three days...yeah the sky is not the limit for this one its beyond.lol
I hope and pray that things continue to go well with you and your family. I pray that someday I too can post these types of posts.
I'm proud of you for being able to leave..I don't think I could after my experience but than again you are strong!
I love the ending sentence...so true. :)
~Felicia
I pray that everything will work out okay. Hopefull your insurance will cover most of it. For my two week hospital stay it was 30,000 and we ended up only having to pay 135. However, my insurance ended up being tapped out by the end of the year so it ended up that I owed my specialist 700 dollars. yuck. But, we just finished paying off all medical bills. Definitely feels good. I wish we could save for a house right now..I know it's stressful, I will keep your family in my prayers! God Bless!
As for balancing career and mommy hood you are very lucky to only work 3 days a week and to be able to trust your little one with family. Each mom has their own balance and all in time you will figure it out. As for no sleeping I promise it does get better I was the crazy mom who was up at 2:30 to pump, baby got up at 3 he would eat then I would stay up and pump again...talk about no sleep. At ten weeks I was just about dried up so he went to formula and well now he is almost 2.5 and a crazy non-stop talking little boy. Hang in there :)
Awe, I am so glad you are able to get your nails done & get some shopping done. Boy, I remember when Sadie was newborn, I thought, HOW in the world am I ever going to get sleep in, and do what I need to do around the house and organize things , yada yada, let alone go anywhere. Yet sleep doesnt exist I learned, and still now, I dont get too much sleep in but more than before for sure. ha, I didnt for a good few weeks but boy when I did, it felt GREAT to get out of the house. Even for fresh air. But, I am glad you arent too worried leaving little man! I didn't leave Sadie for awhile, I was just too anxious and couldnt i was scared, ha. Even now, I get worried but its getting better!
I am so glad you have wonderful family to help and be able to watch Carter man when you go back to work! Thats just great! Soon enough, you will get there Laura and be buying your beautiful new home! I hope to one day get there as well!
He is such a cutie!! I love the pictures of the two of you:) Finances are so hard to overcome, it's constantly one thing after another. I hope it settles down for you a bit so you can reach your goal. Ask about a payment plan through the hospital-we're still doing that with Reese and Scotlyn's bills. Good luck to you!
I am so happy that all is going well. It is very difficult in the beginning with an infants sleeping habits. Sleep is a luxury that goes out the window for a little bit until the baby gets on their "schedule". I know it is very hard right now but it will get better.
It is a wonderful thing that you do get out and feel good about getting a break from time to time. I think that is key to keeping some sanity!! Glad you do have a wonderful support system to allow you to get the "breaks" you need & want. There is nothing wrong with that. I hope that by the time you go back to work you are getting more rest.
Being at your parents house for an extended amount of time will surely help you guys achieve your goal of saving for a down payment. Don't stress over that, and Carter will so much loving from you all that he will be such a happy baby.
You look amazing! The stresses of bills is horrible. I hope you guys are free from that soon.
I am not looking forward to those sleepless nights.
You all look fantastic! I imagine it would be hard to not snuggle carter constantly! He is so adorable!
EEEKKKKK @ the medical bills!!! That is just INSANE! Being a Canadian... we never see a bill...thanks to public healthcare..and thanks to high income taxes..lol. I couldn't imagine what our bills would be like if we lived in the U.S. :s We just have to pay for prescription medications and that is what workplace insurance is for (along with dental care, vision care, chiropractic, homeopathic..etc)...and we will have to pay a littl extra if we want a private room during out hospital stay.... I just couldn't imagine having those bills!! Keep on keepin' on! It sounds like you've got your priorities figured out though, and are enjoying every second of that little one! :)
He is so precious. Im sorry you have so much stress going on right now.. Praying for you always and always remembering sweet Cara! Much love.
Post a Comment