Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blah blah blah...testing 1, 2, 3

So I feel like most the stuff I hear from all these different doctors mesh together and get to sounding like blah blah blah.

Well I got my cholesterol back! (REMINDER: I have hereditary high cholesterol so my normal will be wayyy different that most people's normal) After I gave birth it was 572!!! Now back on my medication its back down to 261 with my good cholesterol at 60 which is awesome!! My internal doc wants to still raise my medication to get cholesterol as low as possible before I come off it at the end of May to TTC again.

THEN they found out that I have a vitamin D deficiency (mine is at 22)...interesting because I have read many studies that state that a D deficiency and Preeclampsia are related. BUT OF COURSE no proof! So I will be on a prescription med for that and then I will be retested in a month...along with my cholesterol levels.

I will also need my protein in my urine rechecked again because they still found 1+ in my urine. Protein is supposed to go away by 6 months so I hope to god mine does because I REALLY can't fathom seeing another specialist. I also need my thyroid rechecked in May before I TTC because that came back borderline! My head is spinning!

My internal doc also recommended I see a cardiologist, so I am going to see one in March. Its seriously like information overload over here!

I guess I have to keep in mind I did just survive a multi-system failure disease!

2 comments:

With Out My Punkin said...

((hugs)) most people are vit D deficient.
http://www.mercola.com/article/vitamin-d-resources.htm

hope that you can get things squared away so you can TTC.

Anonymous said...

Vitamin D deficiency is very common. My level was low last year and I went on a supplement for a month and it was fine. I was just tested again and suspect the same.

Saying some prayers for you. :)