Today I met with my new OB. LOVE HER! She really took time to listen to everything. She asked questions and answered all of mine. She seems to know way more about Preeclampsia/HELLP than my old OB pratice.
One thing I learned today is I am too high risk for the high risk MFM that I saw a few weeks back (seeing that it is only a level II nicu, as well as a smaller hospital) She works with him as well as another high risk MFM at another hospital that is way bigger as well as a level III nicu and they ALWAYS have a neonatal doctor on staff at this hospital. I am glad I will be seen at this hospital, but it is almost an hour away where as the level II hospital is only 30 mins away. I suppose it could be much worse. Once I hit 28 weeks I am just going to keep a hospital bag packed in my trunk just incase.
My new OB made me feel so good about my next pregnancy. She did suggest that I wait a year, but said the minimum wait is 6 months (since she knew that I would totally be crushed if I had to wait a year!) So we are still on for May.
OB suggested that I see a hematologist for my factor V Leiden (which we have since found out my mother has as well) so I will be seeing a hematologist as well as a new internal medicine doctor that she works with too. I am now also on Calcium magnesium (whats one more vitamin in the mix) I will be excited about sharing my infor on my new MFM next monday! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
what does the calcium magnesium do? Glad you have found some better doctors.
Im not sure haha! I guess I should have asked. Its just one of those things that I have seen online on the forums that a lot of women are on and I asked about it to my new OB and she said yes :)
*hugs* Thinking of you. Let me know if you learn anything new about Factor V.
Post a Comment