Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 19, 2010

3 is a crowd?

So I have been thinking about this since Charlie grew his wings... (Our chihuahua)







































I have always wanted to rescue a dog. Gia our Pit Bull is from a breeder and Arthur is from Petland because the day after Charlie died I could not bare it. I was 100% devastated and needed instant gratification. In a way I am mad at myself. I never wanted to purchase another puppy from a pet store (Thats where Charles was from) But then again ALL DOGS need homes. Arthur is so fantastic! He really is and I am glad I found him. Plus he was born exactly 1 week after Cara on 11/24/09 so I think that did me in right there.

HOWEVER I have ALWAYS  wanted 3 dogs. If you know me you know my love for animals especially dogs is unconditional. Ever since I was little my love for animals was insane! I volunteered at the Humane Society  for a year, as well as worked at a Vet. My dogs are always spoiled rotten and as most of you know get the best medical attention as well as human interaction attention. My life would never ever be complete without my furry friends.

Ok so my issue is I want to rescue a dog. Badly. I just don't feel complete without it. I know I am going to be working on having a child within the next 6 months, but would 3 be so bad? (It would be a small dog, as right now in life Gia is enough to handle) Some people say...now way you wont be able to handle it...My argument is that I handled the death of my daughter and 1 week later major back surgery for my Charlie that left him paralyzed for 2 months, and then handled the death of him. Dogs make me soo incredibly happy and not to mention im gonna need some companionship for I am guessing I will need bed rest with my next pregnancy sometime!

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should go for it if that is what you need. We have 3 dogs and 3 kids here on earth. We got our last dog a week before I lost Juanito. Really if your heart is in it you can do anything.

Maggie said...

I say, go for it! Why not? You love them, they need good homes and I think you could definitely do it! You deserve another furry friend! :-)

Susan said...

Haha...I was going to say "I say go for it" but Maggie already said that. So...sure! We just got a second dog to 'fill the void' of the one who died in June. Better to do it now and get all three of them acclimated to each other well before the new baby makes its entrance...

Abby Lynn said...

The more love, the better. We have two dogs, a cat, plus our 13yr old son. Life is a circus. I wouldnt give them up for the world. We rescued both, they're golden retrievers.
hugs to you.
CarrieAnn, mommy to angel Abby Lynn