Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome earthside Wyatt!



















Welcome Wyatt! This little peanut is my Best Freinds baby boy. Wyatt was born 4/7/10. I went to see him today and of course I cried when I held him for the first time. I was overcome with happiness and sadness all at the same time. I was due in January and Steph was due 2.5 months later, so it was pretty hard watching her go through all the joy when I was left with all the pain. We were supposed to be pregnant together, have babies together, to grow up together, but now my life has obviously taken a different turn.

I share something that she will never share with me. The pain of loss. So its tough, but hes super cute and just makes me determined to bring home a baby in my future. Its kind of surreal that this is all happening so fast. Everyones lives are filled with such happiness, and mine is filled with a hole.

I watched her whole birth, on video. I wanted to. It was great and seriously effortless. I envy that now. I had a great birth (given how sick I was) It was not painful, I would do it all over again. Just my outcome is not so great...obviously.

Seeing all these cute newborns that seem to surround me everywhere I go gives me with hope...hope that I too will be blessed one day!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Despite your loss, in the photo, I can see your joy for your friend shine through. You are one amazing lady. xoxo

Lisa and Jonathan said...

He is so adorable! We will all get our take home babies. :)

Abigail said...

You do look very happy to be holding baby Wyatt!!! I hope & pray that one day in your very near future you can hold another one of your babies in your arms and have a beautiful healthy future!! I am very proud of you in the fact that you were able to go visit Stephanie & baby Wyatt! I am sure it was incredibly hard but yet another step in trying to move forward. XxOo

Anonymous said...

*hugs* You look happy holding Wyatt. That is true healing taking place. You will have your baby to take home one day. You are a wonderful friend and your friend is so lucky to have you.

brigette said...

I am so sorry for your loss... I to understand the deep pain. I lost a baby he was 6 months old due to a neuromuscular condition. What a great friend you are to still support her even though it brings great pain. Sending hugs for you today!

Courtney said...

He is such a cutie. You should be so proud of yourself, this is a huge step in your grief process, being able to hold a baby after losing your own. I held a baby a mere 3 months after losing our boys.

Your rainbow will come to you soon, I just know it.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

You will have the joy of having a baby to hold and love. For now give that love to baby Wyatt and one day God will bless you with your own. I am so proud of you for being able to watch the video and hold him. None of my good friends have delivered yet, but I have been around little ones and I have not been able to bring myself to hold them or even look at them very long. I hope when my friends deliver I can bring my self to be as strong as you!!!

Maggie said...

You look happy holding baby Wyatt! What a cutie! :) I hope one day I can be as brave as you. I'm terrified of meeting my niece soon and don't think I can do it yet! You are a great friend and I hope you can take home a baby of yours real soon!

Lea said...

It's a big step, Laura! I remember holding my first baby after Nicholas..... so tough. Good for you. Great pic!