I hate when this happens. Im in the shower and I can't get out quick enough to blog!
As most of you know My Gram is sick. Sick as in, she is not doing well at all. She is giving up her fight. Gram has been in the hospital going on 8 weeks. She has not eaten real food in 8 weeks. Not been able to breathe on her own for more than hours at a time in 8 weeks. She has not gotten out of that bed...in 8 weeks.
Im realizing that she is wanting to give up. That puts me in panic mode for many reasons. I have my own selfish reasons...I dont know if I can handle another funeral. No one in my family has ever passed on! The only person was my sweet Cara. Second selfish reason is I don't want to see my Dad suffer or my Pap Pap. My Grandparents just celebrated their 57 anniversary, she can't go now! It puts me in panic mode because im 26 and I have never experienced a death in the family besides my own daughter. I want to keep everyone in my family. I dont want anyone else to go...EVER.
So today I have decided to write her a letter, and I did. I am sending it to her today and enclosing some pictures of her and Pap Pap from my wedding. Hopefully this will brighten her spirits! The doctors says she is doing ok physically, she is down to 80 pounds but she is 70% where she needs to be on the ventilator, but its mentally thats the problem.
Here is where I put out a request to any of you that make things, a collage, if your a photographer and have taken a pretty picture of a flower, have a cut out of a butterfly...anything. I am asking if you could send them to her. Even if its a quote in a card. You can sign your name and put under it "friend of Laura Meindel's" You can email me personally for her address, my Pap Pap will take it to the hospital.
My family has been through a lot. The death of my daughter and not even a week later my Dad's Aunt (Which is Gram's Sister passed) Charlie (our dog who meant a lot to the family) had emergency surgery, then Charlie passed. My Gram's need all the support she can get.
Thanks everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
Thoughts and Prayers to you and your family from your Canadian friend! There is NOTHING I can say that will make you feel any better... so I'm giving you *hugs* instead!
Thoughts an Prayers Laura!
I will get in touch with you for her address.
CarrieAnn, mommy to angel Abby Lynn.
what kind of collage are you looking for? I would love to help if I can. My grandmother is wonderful and I understand that love *hugs*
Post a Comment