So my first Mothers day without Cara has arrived. The day began with my husband giving me a card right when I got out of bed. Its the big pink card in the middle :)
We both cried. I was so touched he remembered me. I know he would never forget me...im far too fabulous hehe...but just touching he did that for me :) I was also so touched my cousin Anthony and my cousin Michael ages 7 and 9 came up to me with a big hug and wished me happy mothers day! My aunt also gave me tulips!
I wanted to share with everyone this collage that Jessica made for me a while back.
I cried twice today, I seem to be more emotional lately. Probably because im watching my Dad go through so much pain as well as knowing my Grams will not be here on earth much longer. Its hard. My dad is still in Pittsburgh, been there for 8 days now. Grams is still hanging on...its been 8 days in hospice, no food...no water...no help...no tubes...she is a fighter, but we all know its bittersweet her journey here on earth is coming to a end. I just want me dad to come home. He needs us right now and we just do not know when my Grams will pass. Only God knows. Either way I am happy that she was able to be here for Mothers Day!
I want to end this post with a big thank to Crystal who sent me this...
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











6 comments:
Laura, you are so welcome. I'm happy to know that your Grams is still here and fighting, and it must been so much to you, your dad, and your Grandpa to have her with you on Mother's Day. I so wish Cara could be with you physically, but I believe she is sending heavenly kisses down to her sweet mommy.
I love that message.
I'm glad you had a good day.
Many thoughts of you and your family today (and yesterday too!).
Mother's Day was very bittersweet this year as this was my 2nd one. Just missed my boys like crazy.
You are a wonderful Mommy and I hope you had some peace over your heart yesterday.
*hugs*
I know yesterday was very emotional, I wish I could have hugged you myself and tell you what a wonderful mommy you are. I love the message from Crystal. So sweet of your husband to get that card for you. I will continue to pray for you family. Take care...
That was very sweet of your husband and family members. You can definitely see you are loved very much. I wanted to say I hope that you had a Happy Mother's day and you are a wonderful mother.
love and prayers
elena
Post a Comment